Photo
- - - - -

Bad pick and I'll tell ya why

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
90 replies to this topic

#85 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

The Bobcats sound pretty confident that they will develop his jumper. They did it with Gerald Wallace so I believe them.

MKG with a jumper? Oh shiiiiiiiiii

Yeah 7 years into his career.

#86 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

So the history with the hornets and now the bobcats is just when he starts to be good he won't be on the team anymore. Honestly as much player attrition they have its hard for me to get excited about any of them. Will they ever have a franchise player again?

#87 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

HUDDLER

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:21 AM

So the history with the hornets and now the bobcats is just when he starts to be good he won't be on the team anymore. Honestly as much player attrition they have its hard for me to get excited about any of them. Will they ever have a franchise player again?

Eh, its not like they've been letting all stars go. Besides, Wallace was what, 27 when he was traded? Jackson was even older. The bobcats have almost always re-signed their best young players, and in a few cases you could argue that was a bad move (Okafor, Ty Thomas)

#88 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

HUDDLER

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:40 AM

Hi, i'm a random guy and I know more about basketball than people who are actually payed know about basketball. I'm going to sit here, sip my Mountain Dew and claim that I'm a huge Bobcats fan while criticizing every single move they make.

#89 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:45 AM

I have to trust Cho on this pick. I thought TRob was the best fit if we stayed at 2. I would've at least settled with Beal (we need scoring, not defense at this point).

And for them to compare him to Crash after we picked him... SMH. I loved Crash, but that's not what we need. If he ends up being like Crash, we probably won't bring him back after his rookie contract - that's why I feel it was the wrong pick.

#90 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

Just because MKG is a super talent when it comes to defense doesn't mean he will be Gerald Wallace. Though I will say that if MKG can stuff a stat sheet the way Wallace did, that is absolutely what this team needs.

I know I've kept saying it, but it is a long term approach, and MKG was without a doubt the best combination or youth, physical prowess, leadership (even at 18), raw skill (transition finisher 70+%, post up game), coach-ability and work ethic.

I doubt he will ever be lights out shooter, but he is definitely young enough where you could see significant strides as soon as next season. He was very solid at the free throw line last season shooting in the high 70s.

People this is a serious piece here. Next year we will be drafting in the lottery again. Biyambo will be turning 20 and MKG will be turning 19. If Dunlap is as advertised we will be in position at that point to add that young talented scorer that everyone covets.

#91 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:28 PM

Ill say it again. Once we add some scorers(which we will in next year or two), people will fall in love with this pick.