Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Instant-Impact Rookies article on NFL.com

46 posts in this topic

Posted

It will be interesting to see who drops like a fly in the first practice. It seems like we've been cursed with injuries since the 2003 season.

Posted

If you want to go that Route then there is no harm in anything we say on here TBH.

true.

i just don't get the constant need to "correct" people on their enthusiasm.

Posted

How much real talent does a 5th round pick have?

Plenty if they are talking about him and he's been noticed. Also do you really want to go down that road about how much talent a x round pick has? There's a plethora of players picked late that are talented that were over looked.

Posted

true.

i just don't get the constant need to "correct" people on their enthusiasm.

What's there to get? Remember it really does not matter. ;-)

Posted

Ah, anybody else remember before the draft when half this forum was against Kuechly despite the fact it was evident to anybody how good of a talent he was?

Not calling out anyone in this thread in particular. I actually don't even know if anybody in this thread was against him or not. Just find it odd that I haven't seen an anti-Kuechly post since.

Posted

Not too many people thought he wouldn't be a good player, many thought he wasn't someone who was going to have the biggest impact on our defense. I was one of them, I still think we could have gotten someone else that would have had a bigger impact on our defense, but we got who we got and I am (as I'm sure most of the others who were of a similar opinion as me are) completely behind him and hoping for him to succeed, full faith in Hurnivera.

Posted

That combined with consistency from some of our vets like Gross, D. Will/J. Stew, C Johnson, Beason, Gamble...I could go on...Cam...

I mean...how likely is it that all of the rookies listed in this thread (Keuchly, Norman, Silatolu, Adams, Alexander) will have break out years? I think we need to expect a learning curve for all of these guys. Will they all be starter quality by week ? I don't know.

But its a long season. I don't think they all need to have an instant impact for us to be a winning team. If you want to talk about Super Bowl quality then, yeah, all of these guys plus the vets must have stellar seasons.

Posted

I think Kuechly is gonna be a beast, our very own Brian Urlacher.

Posted

While I am rather optimistic about this season the kool aid is a little strong for me right now. We still have questions at UT, CB 2, both safety spots and the overall performance of ST.

No pads, no contact, no full speed as of yet.

Do I think Norman and others can fill those voids adequately? Yes, but it's far too early to anoint these guys starters or studs, it's not quite July yet.

2 people like this

Posted

Ah, anybody else remember before the draft when half this forum was against Kuechly despite the fact it was evident to anybody how good of a talent he was?

Not calling out anyone in this thread in particular. I actually don't even know if anybody in this thread was against him or not. Just find it odd that I haven't seen an anti-Kuechly post since.

I was against drafting a MLB at the 9 spot when we have a 50 million dollar MLB on the roster already.

Also because IMO spending high draft picks on 43 LB's and RB's is not the way to the Super Bowl....again, IMO.

But now he is part of the team, why would I or anyone else bash him?

Posted

I firmly believe this draft will go down as the best draft in franchise history, not counting Cam of course.

Wow, seriously?

Posted

Almost every year people get excited about a few players in practice and say they are are sure bet then they get cut or ride the pine. Remember when AE was going to be unstoppable?

Wut?