Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,665 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

They haven't even put on pads yet.

This seems to be the earliest anyone has ever had any judgement or opinions about rookies. I think the public practice has fans getting a bit over excited. Not that there is any harm in that. I've just never seen attempts at grading a draft so early before.

I'm ready for training camp, that's for damn sure.

#17 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

Norman is tearing it up, Kuechly looks like an all pro in the making, Silatolu is nasty, Nortman is a punter, Adams can field punts without dropping them, Alexander looks at least rotational

nortman and adams will be a huge boon to the STs and that in itself will bring about a few more wins.

nortman's hang time and directional punting will put our coverage units into much better situations to make stops than we've had in a long time.

adams is a super versatile guy who can make an impact as a returner and as a offensive weapon. btw...it's a welcome change to have a guy that has succeeded as a returner getting the PR job rather than a "football player" without an actual position and who they hope can learn to do the job (yeah, i'm talking about armanti).

silatolu..yeah, he's nasty. and mean. and destructive. he should be an incredible OG.

keuchly is a very special talent who's the total package (and i really think that him plus beason's return will have the impact on defense that cam had on the offense last year as far as being able to turn the thing around and make it special and feared).

i don't know if norman's going to be a stud, but he really looks like he could be the CB we've been waiting for across from gamble. as a whole i think that between him, butler, hogan, and even capt. that we will be in much better shape than we've been in in a long time. steve wilks will have a TON to do with that. i thnk we've upgraded safety quite a bit as well.

alexander will fit in really well with the other DEs we have and i think we'll have a really respectable Dline by the end of the year.

#18 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,423 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:48 PM

Norman is tearing it up, Kuechly looks like an all pro in the making, Silatolu is nasty, Nortman is a punter, Adams can field punts without dropping them, Alexander looks at least rotational

We have not even hit TC yet and what we have seen so far is just guys in shorts running around. No one has had to worry about schemes,routes,double moves, or even blocking assignments yet. Its ok to be excited but saying people are are sure thing at this point is counting your chickens before they hatch.

no we don't.

last year just cam by himself may have caused that statement to be said a few times and it's understandable.

those years we didn't have a 1st round i'm pretty sure we weren't saying that at all.

Almost every year people get excited about a few players in practice and say they are are sure bet then they get cut or ride the pine. Remember when AE was going to be unstoppable?

This seems to be the earliest anyone has ever had any judgment or opinions about rookies. I think the public practice has fans getting a bit over excited. Not that there is any harm in that. I've just never seen attempts at grading a draft so early before.

This is what I'm saying. Lets wait and see before we call them Pro bowlers.

#19 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:53 PM

This seems to be the earliest anyone has ever had any judgement or opinions about rookies. I think the public practice has fans getting a bit over excited. Not that there is any harm in that. I've just never seen attempts at grading a draft so early before.

i've never seen a panthers draft so deep with talent before. aside from last year picking up newton it's been a LOOOONG time since i've been this excited about a draft class. it's mainly to do with keuchly, silatolu, adams, and norman, though. i really like those guys and i think we hit it big. i'm also a fan of the nortman pick because he's the guy i wanted them to daft if they were going to draft a punter. it's still a punter, tho, and there's only so much excitement that can be garnered for one of those.

#20 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:55 PM

This is what I'm saying. Lets wait and see before we call them Pro bowlers.

why?

there's no harm whatsoever in getting excited about players and projecting that a couple of them could/will be probowlers.

#21 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:19 PM

On the defensive side if Norman lives up to this hype, and Keek does what we all expect him to do that alone will improve our D tremendously. I jus cant wait to get em in pads n see where things go from there. Kuechly is pretty much a lock to be very good though. Season cant come soon enough

#22 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,513 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:34 PM

On the defensive side if Norman lives up to this hype, and Keek does what we all expect him to do that alone will improve our D tremendously. I jus cant wait to get em in pads n see where things go from there. Kuechly is pretty much a lock to be very good though. Season cant come soon enough

I don't know if it's 'Hype' as much as it is real talent. I mean how much can you hype a 5th round pick?

#23 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

I don't know if it's 'Hype' as much as it is real talent. I mean how much can you hype a 5th round pick?

How much real talent does a 5th round pick have?

#24 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,423 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:36 PM

why?

there's no harm whatsoever in getting excited about players and projecting that a couple of them could/will be probowlers.

If you want to go that Route then there is no harm in anything we say on here TBH.

#25 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

It will be interesting to see who drops like a fly in the first practice. It seems like we've been cursed with injuries since the 2003 season.

#26 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

If you want to go that Route then there is no harm in anything we say on here TBH.

true.

i just don't get the constant need to "correct" people on their enthusiasm.

#27 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,513 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

How much real talent does a 5th round pick have?

Plenty if they are talking about him and he's been noticed. Also do you really want to go down that road about how much talent a x round pick has? There's a plethora of players picked late that are talented that were over looked.

#28 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,423 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:01 PM

true.

i just don't get the constant need to "correct" people on their enthusiasm.

What's there to get? Remember it really does not matter. ;-)

#29 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:18 PM

Ah, anybody else remember before the draft when half this forum was against Kuechly despite the fact it was evident to anybody how good of a talent he was?

Not calling out anyone in this thread in particular. I actually don't even know if anybody in this thread was against him or not. Just find it odd that I haven't seen an anti-Kuechly post since.

#30 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:49 AM

Not too many people thought he wouldn't be a good player, many thought he wasn't someone who was going to have the biggest impact on our defense. I was one of them, I still think we could have gotten someone else that would have had a bigger impact on our defense, but we got who we got and I am (as I'm sure most of the others who were of a similar opinion as me are) completely behind him and hoping for him to succeed, full faith in Hurnivera.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.