44 replies to this topic

#1 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:01 AM

Mandate every home own a gun. It's even in the constitution..

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

You can choose not to own a weapon, but you'll be subject to a fine if you do so. That fine will go towards those people that cannot afford one on their own.

Same logic. If healthcare can be found in the general welfare clause (joke), then surely people can comprehend the necessity in this.

/sarcasm

Of course this wouldn't fly, but it's applying the new found taxing authority to obvious end conclusions. When Justice Stone (Roosevelt era) whispered the government can do anything when they gained taxing authority...he wasn't kidding.

#2 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:17 AM

Posted Image

Change the words slightly.

#3 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:33 AM

I too see the similarities between a pack of gum and healthcare.

#4 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:38 AM

I too see the similarities between a pack of gum and healthcare.

Some types of gum have shown to aid in preventing tooth decay.

We should also have data from countries that mandate their countries own weapons and their rate of crime.

#5 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,790 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:48 AM

now all the republicans need to do is run a candidate for president who pioneered this approach only to loudly disavow it a few years later.

#6 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:49 AM

Difficult sell to the ignorant portion of the populace that can't discern between state and federal powers...but we'll see. At least Obama doesn't have to only prop up his economic achievements now.

#7 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,101 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:52 AM

http://www.nationalr...st-brian-bolduc

A sorry apologetics interpretation of when the Father of our Country forced men to own guns

#8 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:21 PM

It's a valid point. If we can be mandated to have health care, why not guns? Or anything else? I'm all for Obamacare (as imperfect as it is) but they do have a point on the mandate. I've never been on board with it, which is why I wanted a public option, but that ship has sailed. To me, the ends justify the means in this case. People need health care and the free market isn't delivering under the current system. Something had to be done.

Besides, I think a gun mandate sounds awesome. But then I've always been pro-2nd amendment.

#9 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:28 PM

Because healthcare promotes health and life, and guns are instruments created for the sole purpose of death. You might as well say "Next they'll mandate we all jump off a cliff and fly a rocketship into the sun!" Come up with a better analogy, you're on the right track, just way way off.

#10 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

Strictly from a legal perspective, that health care promotes life and guns death means little to nothing.

#11 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,101 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:42 PM

Strictly from a legal perspective, that health care promotes life and guns death means little to nothing.

How about the lack of health coverage for all Americans costs us as a country billions a year whereas the lack of universal gun ownership doesn't cost the country a thin red cent.

#12 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,549 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

Conservative analogies - When you read them you begin to see why conservative humor is so Godawful

#13 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

Haha. I remember a few months ago when people used to cal Ron Paul supporters "Paul-bots"

Welcome to the club folks. Nice to see ya'll have finally arrived.

#14 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:16 PM

Make the legal argument against the gun mandate.

#15 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,717 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:19 PM

Mandate every home own a gun. It's even in the constitution..

You can choose not to own a weapon, but you'll be subject to a fine if you do so. That fine will go towards those people that cannot afford one on their own.

Same logic. If healthcare can be found in the general welfare clause (joke), then surely people can comprehend the necessity in this.

/sarcasm

Of course this wouldn't fly, but it's applying the new found taxing authority to obvious end conclusions. When Justice Stone (Roosevelt era) whispered the government can do anything when they gained taxing authority...he wasn't kidding.

And with the budget logic used by the Dems, we could ascertain that the prisons would be less crowded due to many more criminals walking the straight and narrow or dying. Therefore, police forces could be cut along with prison systems. Nancy Pelosi would say that this could help balance budgets all around the country.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com