Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

g5jamz

I think we should REALLY put this new found tax authority to the test

45 posts in this topic

My point was that modern medicine kills more people than guns in the US. Nothing more nothing less. I understand the point of medicine though. It's largely an irrelevant point, I just felt like pointing it out.

My point was that modern medicine kills more people than guns in the US. Nothing more nothing less. I understand the point of medicine though. It's largely an irrelevant point, I just felt like pointing it out.

Think about how many would die without medicine vs. how many would die without guns.

Yeah, I already stated that.

I will say that Medicine and Capitalism are a bad mix. This combination does not work for the benefit of the patient, but solely for profit.

1 person likes this

of the 50 million that do not currently have insurance, is there a full breakdown/metric as to why they currently do not? Are they all umemployed? Single? Retired? Gypsys?

of the 50 million that do not currently have insurance, is there a full breakdown/metric as to why they currently do not? Are they all umemployed? Single? Retired? Gypsys?

This is the crux of why I don't think this bill is any good. Most people without health insurance (people who can't afford it) are exempt from the mandate. The only thing the mandate does is make people who can afford it buy it. It's a favor to insurance companies, that's all.

Because the cost of even a 10k deductible plan for me is over 100bucks a month, for my family it's close to 400. I just can't afford that right now. That's paying over 1k a year for healthcare for myself that doesn't actually do anything unless I pay over 10k worth of medical bills first?

Also most of these baseline plans don't include medication, some do for generic only, but others require a fuging medication deductible of upwards of 500bucks.

exactly rodeo. which boggles my mind as to the true nature of the plan. it doesnt really fix or address any of the real issues.

This is the crux of why I don't think this bill is any good. Most people without health insurance (people who can't afford it) are exempt from the mandate. The only thing the mandate does is make people who can afford it buy it. It's a favor to insurance companies, that's all.

I remember arguing this until I was blue in the face while this was being debated, that insurance companies and large hospital groups were the biggest supporters, and being largely ignored by both sides.

Sigh

I remember arguing this until I was blue in the face while this was being debated, that insurance companies and large hospital groups were the biggest supporters, and being largely ignored by both sides.

Sigh

Jase. Come on. People ignoring you has nothing to do with your positions.