Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Its beyond optimism for me at this point...

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Scoring when we need points will be an issue until we find a "go-to" scorer. Not many NBA teams have one of those. But I expect this team to improve scoring and defending in transition. I would expect deep rotations of young guys pushing the tempo of the game as often as possible.

Walker, Henderson, Mullens and Thomas(if he stays) have to respond well to the transition. They are young players other than MKG and Biyambo that will have to prove capable of being parts of the future plans. Adding Gordon and Taylor could prove helpful as well. Would love to add some interior scoring.

I do believe this team will be better in defense. Not hard to do as we were God Awful defensively last year. But, we will struggle to score 80. I don't think wevwill be good enough defensively Di win many 75-70 games.

But, we will have to wait and see.

Posted

would love to have a michael beasley on this team.even jordan hill and i just seen eric gordon might make a visit.

1 person likes this

Posted

I am holding out hope that Cho has at least one surprise FA move to give this team a little offensive punch.

Posted

one thing we don't want to do is sign some guy and pay him too much, and win enough games

to knock us out of the top 3 picks next year. I think we'll get Portlands pick, so we should have

2 first round picks, and one of those in the top 3. That will result in a strong core of young

talented players. After that, we can look at a big FA to push us over the top.

We just have to be patient. It's gonna be a fun year watching our young guys learn and improve.

Posted

Great write-up. I do think Cho has one final Ace up his sleeve that no-one sees coming. Cho built the Thunder to be offensive powerhouses, now it looks like he is slowly building a defensive powerhouse in hopes Dunlap can develop on the offensive end.

Think '04 Pistons.

Posted

eric gordon may visit the bobcats but i dont see it happening.

Posted

I am with you regarding feeling optimistic about next season. Scoring will be better but probably not great.we're still going to struggle with bids like Dwight Howard. But we should be much more fun to watch. I think we'll see a lot more effort which week make a huge difference to the fans. we will probably be a lottery team again but that should help add more talent do we can actually compete sooner rather than later. I love the character of MKG. He's going to be something!

Posted

MKG is definitely gonna benefit playing beside Kemba, can definitely see a highlight betwren the two of them every night.

Posted

Another blind optimism thread. You guys are going to be sorely disappointed. Worst team in NBA history last year and have so far only added Ben Gordon and two rookies.

Shouldn't we be skeptical? Let's wait until they show us something on the basketball court

Posted

Another blind optimism thread. You guys are going to be sorely disappointed. Worst team in NBA history last year and have so far only added Ben Gordon and two rookies.

Shouldn't we be skeptical? Let's wait until they show us something on the basketball court

The optimism is coming from the fact that it looks like we are making the right moves to get better. With the new picks from last year, this year and the roster changes (upcoming cap space), things just seem to be rolling along. Even the color changes and new look with the team is refreshing.

Posted

I will admit that this is the first offseason/draft were I understand what the team is doing and I see them putting their words into action. That is reason enough to be optimistic.

1 person likes this

Posted

We'll.. I'm sure we both love to say "I told you so."