Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Its beyond optimism for me at this point...

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

one thing we don't want to do is sign some guy and pay him too much, and win enough games
to knock us out of the top 3 picks next year. I think we'll get Portlands pick, so we should have
2 first round picks, and one of those in the top 3. That will result in a strong core of young
talented players. After that, we can look at a big FA to push us over the top.

We just have to be patient. It's gonna be a fun year watching our young guys learn and improve.

#17 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:11 AM

Great write-up. I do think Cho has one final Ace up his sleeve that no-one sees coming. Cho built the Thunder to be offensive powerhouses, now it looks like he is slowly building a defensive powerhouse in hopes Dunlap can develop on the offensive end.

Think '04 Pistons.

#18 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:16 AM

eric gordon may visit the bobcats but i dont see it happening.

#19 d-dave

d-dave

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:16 AM

I am with you regarding feeling optimistic about next season. Scoring will be better but probably not great.we're still going to struggle with bids like Dwight Howard. But we should be much more fun to watch. I think we'll see a lot more effort which week make a huge difference to the fans. we will probably be a lottery team again but that should help add more talent do we can actually compete sooner rather than later. I love the character of MKG. He's going to be something!

#20 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

MKG is definitely gonna benefit playing beside Kemba, can definitely see a highlight betwren the two of them every night.

#21 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

Another blind optimism thread. You guys are going to be sorely disappointed. Worst team in NBA history last year and have so far only added Ben Gordon and two rookies.

Shouldn't we be skeptical? Let's wait until they show us something on the basketball court

#22 cavic7585

cavic7585

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

Another blind optimism thread. You guys are going to be sorely disappointed. Worst team in NBA history last year and have so far only added Ben Gordon and two rookies.

Shouldn't we be skeptical? Let's wait until they show us something on the basketball court

The optimism is coming from the fact that it looks like we are making the right moves to get better. With the new picks from last year, this year and the roster changes (upcoming cap space), things just seem to be rolling along. Even the color changes and new look with the team is refreshing.

#23 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

I will admit that this is the first offseason/draft were I understand what the team is doing and I see them putting their words into action. That is reason enough to be optimistic.

#24 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:14 AM

We'll.. I'm sure we both love to say "I told you so."

#25 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,403 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:21 AM

I hope we don't do anything in free agency. Anything major anyways. I just want to keep the tea we have and really develop the guys we currently have. We will have to get a top 5 pick next year. That class should be loaded with talent too.

#26 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:00 AM

Kemba, Bismack, and Mullens will be a year older and more experienced. Ben Gordon is something we didnt have last season(great shooter). MKG and Taylor are rookies but will contribute. Free agency has just started.

I can easily see why people are so optimistic. It has nothing to do with them thinking we are going to win a lot of games. Has everything to do with this team is going in the right direction.

#27 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:48 AM

In the past the team made medicocre moves to remain..average. This included trades for Jason Richardson, Diaw/Bell, and Stephen Jackson. The 'Cats also drafted DJ Aug over Brooke Lopez and refused to play younger draftees. These moves showed the lack of consistency in the front office plan and the coach.

At least now the 'Cats have drafted to a plan for two years consecutively, made and not made moves in free agency synonymous with rebuildling, and hired a coach centered around developing thier young talent.

The 'Cats are making the right moves for the first time in franchise history and people are taking notice and are pumped!

#28 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:19 AM

While im estatic about the young guys we're bringin in, I wouldnt say this is the first time we've made the right moves. We've fielded better teams than what we have now and made the playoffs. We're basically starting from scratch to get back to that playoff level. It is good we're sticking to the plan and not taking on bad contracts.

#29 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:28 AM

While I am optimistic about the future, this team as it stands now could very well be right back in the same spot next year. I just want to see a team with a youthful energy and spirit that actually competes night in and night out, much like the 23-59 Sonics team. If they do that this year, regardless of record, I'll be happy.

#30 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:52 AM

In this league, all it takes is one star on your team and you have a chance. Might not win a title but it could draw others to your team. With MKG, Biyombo, and Kemba, you have 3 guys who hate losing, but they all have potential to be really good in this league. When we had Gerald Wallace, our mistake was we went after the likes of Diaw and Stephen Jackson, instead of being smart and drafting and developing better.

I look at what the Nets are doing and I think its very smart. Deron/Gerald/Howard would be a heck of a trio. Ive always said about the NBA - you can find scorers anywhere, but its rare to find stars that want to be good defensively. Wallace was that.

Biyombo and MKG will be that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users