Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cool looking secret rocket launch yesterday.

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Yea, I meant payload.

Posted

They have all been pretty secretive since the end of the shuttle program. NASA is a shell of it's former self, yet we are still blasting off new rocket designs and launches like never before.

And not just the US either. Russia, China, EU, even India sent up a rocket in the past 2 or 3 months. I wonder what in the hell is going on up there...

Hopefully they're building an asteroid shield or something else functional...

Posted

I'm hoping for a giant laser. Because that would be awesome, obviously

Posted

Technology has advanced so rapidly, that they could literally have anything up there now, and we probably wouldn't believe it unless they told us.

I think that most of these launches are missile defense shield components, and even some anti-satellite weapons.

I know that one of China's main strategies if they ever fight with the US is to try and knock our military and communications satellites out of the sky.

Posted

I'm hoping for a giant laser. Because that would be awesome, obviously

They have had that since Reagan was president. I dont think that they could fry people on the ground with it back then, but they did have "Star Wars", which was the capability to knock out enemy satellites with lasers.

Posted

They have had that since Reagan was president. I dont think that they could fry people on the ground with it back then, but they did have "Star Wars", which was the capability to knock out enemy satellites with lasers.

I'm not talking those gay little lasers. I want ones like that James Bond movie with the crazy North Korean dude and that giant ice castle that gets melted