Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:53 PM

...as a particle.

http://hosted.ap.org...-07-02-09-27-46

Silly science and all of its discoveries!

#2 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

That was proven a while ago. Behold-

Posted Image

#3 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:27 PM

Bullshit MY GRANDDADDY AIN'T COME FROM NO GODDAMNED PARTICLE

#4 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,445 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:29 PM

lol nice title.

Thanks for posting.

#5 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,737 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:32 PM

Cool

#6 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

Discovery of the Higgs-Boson is supposed to be the final missing piece to help us expand our understanding of the sub-atomic universe (or multi-verse), proportionally the same way that Einstein's Theory of Relativity expanded our knowledge of the Structural universe.

This gives us the potential to find the elusive "Theory of Everything" that Einstein failed to uncover in the later years of his life.

Mastery over this "Theory of Everything" will supposedly give humanity the ability to understand and control everything in the Universe around us.

#7 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,644 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

God particle is just a media nickname that the physicists involved hate. Everyone knows that but I need to say things so people know I know.

#8 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,845 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

guess all the christians who say "my god is bigger than x" need to go ahead and find another catchphrase.

#9 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:32 PM

guess all the christians who say "my god is bigger than x" need to go ahead and find another catchphrase.

I dont really like the term 'God particle' myself either. The timing of it all just makes the term seem more questionable now too, but It has been called that for years though.

Finding this particle is the main reason why these large atom-smashers like the LHC were built to begin with. Maybe they are coming out now because this project no doubt has cost hundreds of billions of dollars. Maybe the fundraisers are demanding results?

Either way, from what I understand of quantum physics, which isnt much, is that as soon as the experts start fitting the puzzle together, it will propel us into a new scientific and technological age that anything we could imagine can be possible. The Sub-atomic Realm is a mysterious place where we are discovering that the constraining Laws of Physics in our realm can be bent and broken with an understanding of QP. Things like faster than light travel, and free energy technology could prepare the human race to one day explore the galaxy.

And personally, I dont think that any of this is a bad idea or an atheistic movement either. I think that God created the Universe in a way that was meant to be explored and conquered. Why did he give us a brain if he did not intend for us to use it?

#10 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:20 PM

The LHC could be construed much like Bigfoot; you set out for a mission, you find it, and every doubter calls BS.

Same goes for Alien hunters, Ghost hunters, etc....

If you are actively looking for ghosts, then surely a "find" will incur major doubt.

But these guys have a little more than the budget of a 4-figure camera. They have a multi-billion dollar piece of machinery that may have unearthed one of mankind's greatest breakthroughs yet.

And the funny thing is, not even .001% of the population will know about it.

'God particle' does unnecessarily bring tumult into a situation in which Religion and Science are at an impossibly ending war. However, if the vast majority of the world has something they call God, why can't Science?

#11 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,780 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:33 PM

Have they found the baby Jesus particle yet?

#12 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,780 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:33 PM

poo I did it again...looks like I'm going to hell again.

#13 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:38 AM

poo I did it again...looks like I'm going to hell again.

Hell again? Take a card from thatlookseasy and find any kind of food that resembles Jesus or any other qualifying figure. Maybe it is some kind of 'Hell Hall Pass'?

Harris Teeter is running a buy '2 get 3 free' on chips. Because of said deal, I have already found a frito that slightly resembled Lazarus. But Lazarus post-resurrection, and who is to say what that looked like? Plus I already ate it.

#14 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

Discovery of the Higgs-Boson is supposed to be the final missing piece to help us expand our understanding of the sub-atomic universe (or multi-verse), proportionally the same way that Einstein's Theory of Relativity expanded our knowledge of the Structural universe.

This gives us the potential to find the elusive "Theory of Everything" that Einstein failed to uncover in the later years of his life.

Mastery over this "Theory of Everything" will supposedly give humanity the ability to understand and control everything in the Universe around us.

If that turns out to be true or even possible, having mastery over the universe, would you think that is strange? The universe making something that is more unique than itself? If we could gain control over the universe, we are greater than the universe.

#15 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,110 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

^^Its only mastery from our perspective

The measurements are from devices that run calculations determined by observation through the human mind itself. All we do is break down determinate matter from the human side of things. We still don't know anything about the majority of the universe...dark matter

That's when it gets tricky. We've come to the conclusion that the unobservable (for the time being) takes up the majority of the cosmic fabric. So we are simply breaking things down smaller and smaller and smaller but will never breach the wall. We will just keep breaking things further down to create more innovation and developing further calculations. If we draw the conclusion that everything can be proven to be made from the same particle...then we have to dive into the particle formation within in the space-time continuum which then have to delve into figuring out how to break down time itself. And then we blow everything up accidentally :)

Quantum mechanics offers very interesting perspectives but when it actually gets to hopping that 4th dimensional wall in the three dimensional vehicular plane is when we figure sh*t out imo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com