118 replies to this topic

#76 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,235 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:33 AM

Good idea since you have no leg to stand on.

Thanks for your input :) ...

#77 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,737 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:39 AM

So why exactly would telling Cam in any way jeopardize the deal? You think Cam is going to tell the NCAA "oh yeah my father took a couple hundred grand for me to go here"

Again why tell him at all?? If you don't then you can truthfully tell everyone he had no knowledge. If you are going to do it anyway you tell no one especially if you don't even know if someone will take you up on the offer. There would be no reason to tell him but great reasons not to tell him so you figure it out. Most everyone gets caught because someone talks, even people you would think have no reason to do so, like the perpetrator themselves. I surely wouldn't be telling a 20 yr old college student my business even if they were my son.

#78 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,411 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

lol. "200 grand, That's what you call a good d*mn investment"

#79 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

Who cares?

#80 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,412 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:17 AM

if it's not worth talking about, then don't.

it does seem like that some of the "fans" in here still think he's guilty even though a full blown FBI and NCAA investigation showed there there was nothing to the allegations.

[blatant sarcasm]good to know that some fans say he's guilty regardless of the investigation. real stand up people, these guys. [/blatant sarcasm].

the truly naive are the ones who bought this load of crap in the first place and they continue to show their gullibility in that they still believe it.

and that's all i have to say about that.

#81 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

Who cares? NCAA football is corrupt as hell.

Did Cam get paid by Auburn? Highly likely. Does it impact the Carolina Panthers one bit? Nope.

#82 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,412 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

highly likely?

lol you guys make me laugh.

#83 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:32 AM

Dude, you highly underestimate the rampant corruption in the NCAA. We all love Cam. There's no need to stick your fingers in your ears and scream like a 3 year old to avoid hearing something you don't want to hear.

#84 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,396 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

How am I going on about it like it does? All I said was it would be a great leap of faith to believe he had no knowledge of it. As for no evidence being uncovered....they didn't really spend much time looking at Cam, or anyone in the Auburn program....

Hard to hold kids accountable for poo their parents do. I have lots of friends whose parents have done shady things..... the kids werent in the loop.

And every real football programs in this country has kids recieving illegal benefits.....and our Panther squad is full of those guys as well

#85 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,737 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:36 AM

Who cares? NCAA football is corrupt as hell.

Did Cam get paid by Auburn? Highly likely. Does it impact the Carolina Panthers one bit? Nope.

Cam got paid nothing. His father allegedly got money which he used to fix up his church is what I read. Who said Cam got paid anything??????? Stop making things up that were not even suggested......

#86 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:37 AM

It isn't naive at all. Why do you think every covert operation or agency in the world uses a need to know basis to disseminate information. So you have deniability in the event things fall apart. Why would you tell Cam you were going to get paid on a side deal by the university? So he could approve it or not?? That would be stupid. You would tell no one, have no records of it and keep it to yourself. That way you stood the least change of getting caught and if you were caught, would have no witnesses.

This.

As evidence, see: Saints*.

#87 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:38 AM

Cam probably got paid.

Just like the rest of the players in college football.

#88 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,929 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:39 AM

He may actually be right, but that said, I have a hard time taking "Sir Cumference" seriously.

And how has this thread gone nearly 90 posts without this?

College scandals don't really mean a whole lot at the pro level unless they involve violent crime of some sort.

#89 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,737 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:40 AM

And every real football programs in this country has kids recieving illegal benefits.....and our Panther squad is full of those guys as well

Likely true but players are still innocent until proven guilty. We can think it happened but without evidence it is just speculation.

#90 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:43 AM

24 days until players report for training camp, thank god

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com