Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

walking dead comics

90 posts in this topic

Posted

Cheapest is probably the compendiums. The first two are out now.

The comics also come in trades (otherwise known as "volumes"). These trades cover a smaller range of issues each than the compendiums do (compendiums cover about 50 issues each), so there are around 18 of these in total up to this point in the series.

Of course, there is the traditional, single-issue comic for $3. Of course, buying all of them is a) hard to do and B) expensive. More expensive than buying either the trades or the compendiums.

Google for both the trades and the compendiums and decide which route you'd rather take.

If it's me, I'd buy him the first two compendiums and then buy the last trade. That should catch you up to at least 100 (I think). Then you're probably best served going to the comic shop and picking up the issues as they come out (and again, $3 a month for the best comic series out right now is NOT a bad deal). I know the second compendium ends at issue 96, and 104 just came out this past Wednesday. The comic ships on a regular schedule, one every month.

Thanks for the info on the compendiums if anybody here has one they want to sell after you read it I'm looking to buy one and doing each comic now would be crazy for me so that book sounds like a great idea.

Thanks again.

Posted

The comic is way more graphic than the TV show. If your son is less than 15-16, you might wanna read them first.

1 person likes this

Posted

the comics are fuging brutal and will curb stomp your soul

fugin'abraham man :(

Posted

can someone HMU with the link where you found the digital copies...

kthxbai

Posted

someone finally hooked me up, no thanks to the rest of you assholes...

25 issues and and holy poo did the TV show totally rape the creative license... lol...

Posted

blame frank darabont

Posted

I finally got caught up on the series a few days back. I started reading the series last winter and went all the way to the end of the prison arc. That was so brutal and draining though that I just had to step away from the series for a while. Here's just a few random thoughts

- Tyrese is my favorite character in the comics. His death bothered me more than any others have. I have a sneaking suspicion that Daryl may meet Tyrese's fate in the tv show.

-Abraham is awesome. But he had outlived his usefulness in the comics.

- I REALLY hope they do the Fear the Hunters storyline in the tv show. I know a lot of people hate on it but I thought it was pretty awesome. It was definitely Rick's most badass moment.

-Carl is better in the comics.

-Michonne is infinitely better in the comics.

-Negan seems like a sadistic and foul mouthed biker version of Bruce Campbell.

-I really want Rick to kill Negan.

Posted

I'm only about 10 - 15 comics from catching up with the series, and the only real shocker to me so far was what just happened to Carl in Alexandria when the walkers broke down the fence and Douglas went crazy with the pistol...

There's a lot of good stuff in the series though, that I wish TV producers would have stuck to...

Posted

Something I wish they had done in the show is

introduce Tyreese the way they did in the comics. Season 3 premiere where they are on the road, mapping out where to go just before they stumble on the prison, Tyreese and gang stumble out of the woods. Rick confronts them cautiously and then walkers attack them, Tyreese goes off with the hammer, and the rest is history. Having him as part of the group from the start of the season would have made for more epic moments when they cleared the prison out.

Posted

this isn't game of thrones. you can't just throw characters in all willy nilly and expect lost fans to keep up

Posted

No one is safe.

Posted

I've finished the scanned in versions... on to YouTube for the last issue or so...

btw Negan is awesome