#61 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:16 AM

Wow, it's some clowns on the huddle......so if his dog died next some of you would be celebrating that to....damn

#62 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:20 AM

Hard to feel sorry for a millionaire liar who let his players get by with trying to hurt other players.

Im supposed to feel sorry for him getting divorced?????????? REALLY?

#63 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:28 AM

Hard to feel sorry for a millionaire liar who let his players get by with trying to hurt other players.

You're supposed to be able to separate your support for an NFL football team from the rest of your life where you feel compassion for a fellow human being.

#64 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,459 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:31 AM

What does the first thing have to do with the other?? One is about his work, the other is about his personal life. They are different. It isn't as if he did something to you personally.

#65 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,795 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:12 AM

I'm so glad the Aint's keep getting brought up in the news (Karma is a bitch)

Week 2......Home Opener.....the crowd will be electric.....It would be ill-advised for an Aints fan to be in our house that day....heck...it would be ill advised to even be a fan of that pathetic 'organization' :lol:

#66 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,570 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:20 AM

So do some of you feel bad for Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes?

I don't ....cant help it if Tom Cruise is insane about invisible aliens and made Katie holmes give birth with no meds and forbid her to scream in labor.

And I dont dont care that Payton is married to a lady that doesnt want to be around a workaholic or now upset he is not working and breathing on her all day now...or whatever reason he got divorced...

He is a jerk who didnt have regard for players and benefited from it..Usually if your a jerk at work your just a jerk all the time..it made it bearable for her when he brought in 8 million a year.

#67 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,743 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

There's a real fine line between what's acceptable as football smack talk and what isn't.

Guys like Ben Roethlisberger, Michael Irvin and others do plenty of "non-football" stuff that winds up being used against them by opposing fans. To be honest, I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for those guys because they pretty much did it to themselves.

But truth be told, much as I think Sean Payton is a colossal prick and probably deserving of whatever bad stuff happens to him, I still have to say I think this is over the line for me. If it turned out he was beating his wife or something of that sort, I'd say let the dogs loose. Family stuff though? That really should be off limits.

#68 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,316 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

By decent you mean someone that would just freely hand over half of their entire hardship earnings without question? Got it.

Agreed, they are his kids and he should get immediate custody and child support should be put into an interest drawing trust fund for those kids.

No, by decent, I mean he is going to ensure that his kids have as good a life as he can reasonable provide for. Thats true whether the man is a NFL football coach, or a truck driver. In SP's case, that should be a very good life.

I seriously doubt he could get custody unless she is a bad mother. As a football coach, he wouldn't be around much during the season. Maybe he could get split custody with him taking them during the offseason, and her during the season. But we don't really know the circumstances of the divorce. She could be an abusive slut, or he could be a violent alcoholic for all we know.

#69 CamX

CamX

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

Talking about a guy getting divorced on a football site...suspect.

#70 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:52 PM

Poor guy. At least he gets a nice long vacation to mull this over and find a woman that loves him.

Sure Payton didn't directly put a stop to the bounty program and let it go on, but I don't think he's that bad a guy. He knows how to run a creative offense and likes to chill out on some painkillers, thats ok in my book.

#71 ReadyorNot

ReadyorNot

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

There's a real fine line between what's acceptable as football smack talk and what isn't.

Guys like Ben Roethlisberger, Michael Irvin and others do plenty of "non-football" stuff that winds up being used against them by opposing fans. To be honest, I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for those guys because they pretty much did it to themselves.

But truth be told, much as I think Sean Payton is a colossal prick and probably deserving of whatever bad stuff happens to him, I still have to say I think this is over the line for me. If it turned out he was beating his wife or something of that sort, I'd say let the dogs loose. Family stuff though? That really should be off limits.

So the players who were targeted in these bounties don't have families? Payton is one sick sob, imo. He should have ended it when he knew about it, but instead he let it continue. Players have wives, sons, daughters, and most of the time their whole damn families that they support through playing football.

#72 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,277 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:35 PM

What does the first thing have to do with the other?? One is about his work, the other is about his personal life. They are different. It isn't as if he did something to you personally.

How is intentionally trying to cause career ending injuries to other players not personal? Does that not affect those players personal lives?

#73 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,743 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

So the players who were targeted in these bounties don't have families? Payton is one sick sob, imo. He should have ended it when he knew about it, but instead he let it continue. Players have wives, sons, daughters, and most of the time their whole damn families that they support through playing football.

All of that was within the football realm. And within the football realm, he was punished appropriately. But it's not like I'm gonna wish for his kids to starve or for him to get a flesh rotting disease or something.

#74 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:11 PM

Take the kids, the pills, and the loot.

#75 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,459 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

How is intentionally trying to cause career ending injuries to other players not personal? Does that not affect those players personal lives?

Football is about what he does for a living which of course has personal elements since it uses real people in physical situations. But a personal life outside of football has nothing to do with the Panthers. I ran it by my twelve year old just to see if he was clear about the difference, he didn't seem to have a problem understanding the difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.