#1 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:17 PM

The Brooklyn Nets are “very close” to acquiring six-time All-Star guard Joe Johnson from the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for guards Jordan Farmar, Anthony Morrow and DeShawn Stevenson and centers Jordan Williams and Johan Petro, as well as a protected first-round pick that came from Houston, according to a league source.

deal is done now. good trade for the nets in giving up almost nothing for johnson. but kills their cap room with johnson huge contract. good trade for them now but will hurt them later.

hawks? i guess they just wanted the cap room, without marshon brooks in the deal it was a bad trade. makes them much worse, helps the cats. lol

#2 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:39 PM

Kind of a weird trade. I guess the Hawks are looking to blow the team up, I suspect they will look to trade Josh Smith next then try to build around Horford.

I dont see any way the Nets can get both Dwight and Deron now though. Orlando wont take Joe Johnson or Gerald Wallace's contract back in a trade for Dwight, so there is really no way they have to cap space to pull off a deal unless Deron goes to the Mavs (I think the Nets may know something we dont)

#3 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:50 PM

word is Hawks are going to push to try to sign Dwight and CP3 next summer

https://twitter.com/...934685004963841

Yep, Danny Ferry just made Atlanta a *potential* landing spot for both Chris Paul AND Dwight Howard in FA next season.

#4 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:10 PM

So Danny Ferry is heralded for blowing his team up, yet MJ is labeled as a terrible owner because he essentially did the same thing...

#5 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,570 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

So Danny Ferry is heralded for blowing his team up, yet MJ is labeled as a terrible owner because he essentially did the same thing...

We sucked before we blew up the team, the Hawks were at least a top five team.

#6 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

Sources confirmed to The Salt Lake Tribune on Monday there is a planned trade between the Jazz and Atlanta Hawks. Utah will ship point guard Devin Harris to Atlanta, while the Jazz will receive forward Marvin Williams. Sulia

#7 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

The Hawks have thus quickly emerged as a potential destination for Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard, who grew up in the Atlanta area and is close friends with Hawks swingman Josh Smith. Howard is also close with Anthony Morrow, one of five players that the Hawks will acquire from the Brooklyn Nets in their pending trade with the Nets for Johnson. ESPN.com

Ferry still has a key piece or to offer Orlando in trade proposals for Howard in All-Star center Al Horford and young guard Jeff Teague, as well as the forthcoming salary-cap space to pursue Howard in the summer of 2013 should Orlando resist the trade inquiries sources say he'll soon be making and Howard indeed makes it to free agency as scheduled. ESPN.com

The flurry of action, after years of restraint from the Hawks, has also made a fast impression on Smith, sources said. Smith had been vocal for months about wanting to be dealt, but sources told ESPN.com that the swingman is excited about the direction Ferry has taken things in his brief time in charge. "He's changed the whole perception of the organization," one source said. ESPN.com

#8 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,292 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

fugn dammmmm !!
I'm
Too buzzed right now in mn.
We need a C though real bad

#9 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:55 PM

See the problem is that the bobcats didnt throw some wildly optimistic free agent signing out there. Donnie Walsh and the Knicks did the same thing a few years ago, but everyone thought he was a genius because he was going for Lebron.

The bobcats should come out and say that we are saving up money to go after Durant and Rose in a couple years

#10 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,570 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

It's still foolish on the Hawks part to think they will be able to sign Howard. The only place that Howard is going to play is in Brooklyn.

#11 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

he is from atlanta, and close friends with josh smith, not out of the question... going home is enticing to anybody and he is a superstar, the sponsorships will be there no matter where he plays

i would still say its a long shot though

#12 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace aren't a bad start. Nets are heading in the right direction.

#13 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:11 PM

The Nets have $128 million dollars on the books in the next 4 years for just Wallace and Johnson, who are 29 and 31 respectively.

Its a ballsy move, if they dont get Dwight they are sh*t out of luck

#14 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:16 PM

If money didn't matter, a team of Johnson, Williams, Wallace, and Howard would ROCK. I'll never stop being a Panthers fan even though I've moved from Charlotte. But just as I dropped the Hornets for the Bobcats, I'm dropping the Bobcats for the Nets. Hopefully they get better. Don't think the 'Cats ever will.

#15 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:19 PM

If Deron Williams re-signs with the Nets, Dwight Howard will not go to Brooklyn because the Nets can't afford him anymore. Howard screwed himself when he opted in his contract back in March.

Oh and lol @ whoever said the Hawks are/were a top 5 team in the NBA. Maybe in the Eastern Conference but not in the NBA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users