Photo
- - - - -

Antawn Jamison to visit

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
95 replies to this topic

#25 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

I still doubt Hickson signs here, especially with us now going after Jamison.

The Bobcats don't need anymore 6-9 power forwards trying to play center.

Get a damn seven footer already.

Find me a 7 footer who's better than Hickson and is available. (other than Hibbert)

#26 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

HUDDLER

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

Kiss my @ss Cho.

#27 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

HUDDLER

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

Like it or not, Biz is spending a lot of time at Center next year- not all of his time, but quite a bit of it. There simply arent enough decent players on the roster for him not to

And no offense, but even signing Antawn Jamison the bobcats wont be competing for a playoff spot next year. He might push the team out of a top 3 pick, but I would be shocked if we didnt finish in the bottom 5 or 6 next year even with him

#28 Man Strength

Man Strength

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:08 PM

You are grading Jamison as if he is your prototypical run of the mill power forward with a great post up game and a lousy jump shot, when he actually breaks all of the rules of your prototypical power forward.

Jamison shoots the outside shot, and that's about it; but he does it very well (something the Bobcats need)

Those percentages should be judged more like a small forward than anything, because how many power forwards are hitting 34% of their three point shots.

Also, his points are efficient because it helped the team win. You don't look at the score and say "hey he scored 20 points on 14 shots, but they won by 10 points; so only 11 of points were actually efficient," no every point is efficient because it helps the team win.

that true shooting percentage is bad for a player of any position. if you actually knew what it meant you would understand this. it takes into consideration that many of his shots are 3s.

you clearly dont understand efficiency, but are beyond me trying to help explain these things. i get it dude, he is a forward that shoots 3s. the problem is he isnt great at it and thus its not a very good shot for anyone to take

#29 Man Strength

Man Strength

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

Find me a 7 footer who's better than Hickson and is available. (other than Hibbert)

Hawes

#30 Man Strength

Man Strength

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:18 PM

You are grading Jamison as if he is your prototypical run of the mill power forward with a great post up game and a lousy jump shot, when he actually breaks all of the rules of your prototypical power forward.

Jamison shoots the outside shot, and that's about it; but he does it very well (something the Bobcats need)

Those percentages should be judged more like a small forward than anything, because how many power forwards are hitting 34% of their three point shots.

Also, his points are efficient because it helped the team win. You don't look at the score and say "hey he scored 20 points on 14 shots, but they won by 10 points; so only 11 of points were actually efficient," no every point is efficient because it helps the team win.

jamison ranked 284 in the in nba in true shooting percentage last year. 1 spot ahead of biyombo

http://insider.espn....otingPct/page/6

#31 God

God

Attitude

HUDDLER

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

Kiss my @ss Cho.

wtf ru talking about? you want him to just magically sign durant rondo and wade overnight and become a powerhouse?

#32 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:52 PM

Hawes

Hawes?
Lol

#33 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

HUDDLER

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

wtf ru talking about? you want him to just magically sign durant rondo and wade overnight and become a powerhouse?

I honestly couldn't care any less about what he does since draft night.

If the Cleveland Cavaliers had a clue, they would've drafted Harrison Barnes at #4 and then went after Eric Gordon, instead of drafting Waiters at #4 and then CLUMSILY trying to get Golden State to trade them Barnes and now trying to talk to Brandon Roy.

They're just as stupid as Cho is, apparently.

Irving
Gordon
Barnes
Thompson
Zeller

That would've been some nucleus.

#34 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

HUDDLER

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:34 PM

Chris Kaman (stands 7'0 flat)
Spencer Hawes (stand 7'1 flat) (By the way, don't laugh at Hawes, he had two 20 point games in the Chicago-Philly series)

#35 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

Chris Kaman (stands 7'0 flat)
Spencer Hawes (stand 7'1 flat) (By the way, don't laugh at Hawes, he had two 20 point games in the Chicago-Philly series)

Hawes is a pretty good player, but I'd still take Hickson over Hawes all day.

#36 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

HUDDLER

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:51 PM

that true shooting percentage is bad for a player of any position. if you actually knew what it meant you would understand this. it takes into consideration that many of his shots are 3s.

you clearly dont understand efficiency, but are beyond me trying to help explain these things. i get it dude, he is a forward that shoots 3s. the problem is he isnt great at it and thus its not a very good shot for anyone to take

Using efficiency statistics to grade out a player that played on a bad Cleveland Cavaliers team (when they didn't have Irving they were garbage) is a very piss poor argument.

If you want to look at efficiency, look at it from the point of view of how efficient/valuable he was to the Cavs. Jamison was responsible for 18.5% of the Cavs total points.

How can you say a guy that scores nearly a fifth of a teams total points is inefficient?