#91 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,930 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:50 AM

INDIAN TRAIL Antawn Jamison is edging closer to making a decision about whether he’ll finish his NBA career with the Charlotte Bobcats. But he’s not there yet.

“It will probably be another week or so,” Jamison said Monday. “But I definitely want to come here. It’s always been a dream of mine to play here.”

Jamison, a power forward who played at Providence High and North Carolina, had just finished the first day of the basketball camp he runs each summer at Carolina Courts. He ended the session by gently chiding the campers about their lack of defense and team play, then he played a shooting game with several of them.

Then Jamison, a 14-year veteran who is a free agent, talked about several options on where – and how – he will close out his career.

One of them is in his hometown of Charlotte, where he lives during the offseason and where his sons A.J. Jr., 5, and Rucker, 2, form a formidable lure.

Another is the Golden State Warriors, where he began his career in 1998 and whose general manager, Bob Myers, is a friend and Jamison’s former agent. Jamison said there also are teams like the Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat and Brooklyn Nets, all of whom have been in contact with him.

“A lot of teams would like my services,” Jamison said, as Rucker crawled up onto his shoulders and A.J. grabbed him around the legs. “So it’s just going to be what feels right.

“I’d try and help point the Bobcats back in the direction they were once before. And being here and being able to be around all this, with my kids like this, that’s huge.”

Jamison said his role on a team like Golden State, which isn’t a contender now, would be similar to the Bobcats. The Warriors have a young star in guard Stephen Curry, a former Charlotte Christian and Davidson player who is a friend of Jamison’s, as well as recently acquired center Andrew Bogut and a first-round draft choice in North Carolina’s Harrison Barnes.

“That would be like the Bobcats, coming in as a veteran and showing them things like how to be a pro,” he said. “But the biggest thing is doing that with my kids here, being on the West Coast during the school year. Can I deal with that?”

Jamison also said that, aside from Charlotte and Golden State, he probably would only consider other teams that were title contenders.

“I’d be chasing a championship, but, even then, there are no guarantees,” said Jamison, who played the past 2 1/2 seasons with Cleveland.

Jamison said he has been training this summer with Bobcats players Matt Carroll, Derrick Brown, Gana Diop and Gerald Henderson. The Tar Heel in Jamison playfully referred to Henderson as “that guy from Duke, what’s his name? We’re real tight.”

The Bobcats are forbidden to discuss who they are pursuing in free agency. But Jamison had dinner last week with team officials and said he had a message from Charlotte president of basketball operations Rod Higgins on his phone that he would answer Monday.

A young camper then walked by and said goodbye for the day to Jamison.

“Work on your left hand, all right?” said Jamison.

#92 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,512 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:27 AM

After reading that, I Dnt see how Jamison ends up here. He wants to win before he retire. Next year? Yeah I could see him here next year but not this year

#93 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 19,930 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:50 AM

I take it the exact opposite way, I think his love for his family is going to force him to sign with the Bobcats. Not that I mind that at all.

Also, the Cats better hope he signs with us, or there is no way in hell we are going to reach the floor and I do not want to get fined for not reaching the cap floor lol.

#94 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

No please, tell me more about this Amway....sounds promising

• HUDDLER
  • 4,962 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

I have always been a big fan of Jamison since his days here at Providence High School and at UNC. I just wonder how much is left in the tank. I believe he is heading into his 15th season.

15th season...thats just insane...of course I still think Chris Webber is young and shake my head at him being retired for years now when I see him commentating.

#95 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • 4,397 posts
  • Location704

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

15th season...thats just insane...of course I still think Chris Webber is young and shake my head at him being retired for years now when I see him commentating.

Yeah and when people forget guys like Blue Edwards, Bimbo Coles, Pooh Richardson and Les Jepsen it's a sad day. The 90s were a boon for great names.

#96 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 19,930 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

Marc Spears on twitter

The Nets could be on the verge of landing F Antawn Jamison in a sign-and-trade deal with the Cavaliers.

Jamison could come off the bench if the Nets re-sign Kris Humphries, and start if they don't. However, the Lakers, Warriors and Bobcats are all still in the hunt to sign Jamison. In addition to Humphries, the Nets are said to be looking Kenyon Martin and Craig Smith, as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users