Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Good Memories

52 posts in this topic

wish I could remember who it was that threw those comments in Switzer's face

Pretty sure it was Lamar Lathon.

I remember during the second half of the 2003 Cowboy game, ABC ran a couple of segments with Jerry Jones talking about his hiring of Bill Parcells. It was pretty clear those were made with the expectation that the Cowboys would be winning the game big by the time they were aired. Given the way it actually played out, they made little to no sense, but they chose to run them anyway :lol:

The following week, some analyst (I forget who) wrote an article predicting how all the games for the Divisional Weekend were going to be barnburners, except one. He believed the Rams would "throttle the Panthers". As I recall though, most of the other games were snoozers, and ours was designated by NFL Films as their "Game of the Year".

The doubters just made it that much more satisfying :D

Pretty sure it was Lamar Lathon.

lol nice

Later, an emotional Lathon stood on the field and let the Cowboys have it, shouting to anyone in earshot, “So now I propose a question to you, Barry Switzer, while you’re sitting at home next week! Do you know where Charlotte, North Carolina is now, baby?!”

Pre-internet, going to be rough to find the vid but here's something thatll take you back to that 1.

http://local.gastong...etro/page_2.htm

Wanna feel old?

"X-Clown" was eight and a half years ago.

The first playoff victory over the Cowboys? Fifteen and a half years ago.

Beating San Diego at the last second in 08. I miss Dante Rosario.

Whats the deal w all these youtube vids? No street cred! Amateurs jk

Thanks for some substance in the eye of this offseason forum shiticane

Rep for shiticane reference.

1 person likes this

My favorite memory is watching the Panthers beat the Dallas Cowboys in the 1996 postseason. I'll post the hulu link but there are commercials.

http://www.hulu.com/...hers#s-p5-so-i0

This Dallas team was loaded with Hall of Famers and we dominated them.

Is that still the most watched playoff game of all time?

Is that still the most watched playoff game of all time?

Probably not. Every year the NFL sets new records for viewership. The game is wildly popular right now.

Watched both games live, fugging fantastic. Foster run vs eagles was the best panther play in history, IMO

Jason got ripped that game, and it is a top 3 Panthers memory. But he admits to it and cedes that it was the most fun game he has ever been a part of. Source: Mr. Sehorn.

Remember the onside kick recovered by the kicker in that St. Louis game....insane.