Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

The Amazing Spider Man (minor spoilers included)

50 posts in this topic

I liked it. They made Spider-Man funny again. Spider-Man, just as the character, is like he is in the comics and that's a good thing.

I think the sequel will have more familiar themes, like everything that comes with the Daily Bugle, more with Gwyn.

Him finding Uncle Ben's killer is done differently. The "with great power" line, while it wasn't explicitly in there, it was implicitly in there. Ben tells Peter about his dad saying, "if you can do good for somebody, you have a moral obligation to do it". Same concept. I think they honestly wanted to avoid TOO MUCH familiarity with the last batch of films. They needed something that could stand on it's own. I think they did a hell of a job with it.

good reboot, Great summer movie, and love the fact the Spidey has web shooters instead of it being organic.

1 person likes this

i think its as good or better than the first iron man and maybe as good as the 2nd xmen. 2nd xmen is pretty hard to top in comic flicks.

its no batman begins, but they took a lot of cues from that series in the approach and execution

I wish they had waited a few years to do this movie because

They can't, Sony has to keep churning out crap or they'll lose the rights back to Marvel. Expect another one soon.

I went in with almost no expectations, I liked it personally.

Honestly I don't really understand the obsession with raimi's spiderman movies. They've been playing them recently on fx, and tobey maguire is awful.

i saw it on imax in 3d and don't regret it one bit. last time i went to a theater to watch a movie was the dark knight i think. fuging hate going to movies

I saw it in Imax as well and I have to say it was probably the best use of 3d in a live action movie I've ever experienced.

I wish I had seen it in 3D now after reading so many people mentioning how well it was implemented :(

but yeah I thought it was a good opener for the reboot.

I saw it in Imax as well and I have to say it was probably the best use of 3d in a live action movie I've ever experienced.

first time i've seen a movie on imax or in 3d. guess i picked a good one. some of the scenes like the rain falling on the umbrellas or motes of light floating through the air were really well done

some of the initial scenes where he's up on a building triggered my fear of heights too

So.... really worth seeing in 3d at the theater then?

i think so. its not like watching a pop up book, its pretty well implemented

So.... really worth seeing in 3d at the theater then?

Yes, but I definitely recommend Imax over your standard 3d setup if available.

Yes, but I definitely recommend Imax over your standard 3d setup if available.

i concur