Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Amazing Spider Man (minor spoilers included)

50 posts in this topic

Posted

Being that my wife and I aren't big on going to movies, I think I'll skip Spiderman and go see Batman in a couple of weeks....

Posted

Thought the movie was awesome and mind you I watched in 2d.

I was really skeptical coming into this movie because I was getting sick of Spider-man so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Was a really good reboot.

Posted

i think its as good or better than the first iron man and maybe as good as the 2nd xmen. 2nd xmen is pretty hard to top in comic flicks.

its no batman begins, but they took a lot of cues from that series in the approach and execution

this was a good movie but the plot wasnt better than x2.

Posted

no but the acting was better. besides the plot is hard to judge atm since it obviously arcs into the next film. more questions than answers in the end. lots of hints of stuff to come.

similar to x2, it leaves you with the feeling that nobody won. not peter parker, not gwen stacy, not curt connors...also i appreciated how sympathetic the lizard was. hands down best villain in a spidey flick so far.

the scene where he laid out on the webs in the sewer was a really awesome scene. the lizards were stupid though.

but like i said, hard to top x2, and only the nolan batman franchise has done it.

Posted

It looks like i am the only person in the entire world but I didn't really care for it too much.

I'd elaborate on that but im being lazy, but I just thought it was kind of a disappointment.

Posted

i didn't go into it expecting much

Posted

I absolutely loved it. I grew up on the Sam Raimi movies and it pains me to say it, but they're really not as great as I remember them. This movie was a great adaptation of spiderman. Yes, it deviated from the comic origins but that was for the better in my opinion. This movie actually has some meat that you can sink your teeth into and they're setting up what could be a good story.I loved how they made Spidey actually do science things and be a smartass, not just be a whiney emo bitch who cracks corny jokes. It isn't a perfect movie but for what it is I'd give it a 5/5

SPOILERS***

Who does everyone think the man in the after credits scene was?

Posted

i hope its mysterio

Posted

When I first saw that prison cell I was like "OH poo THEY'RE GOING TO TEASE CARNAGE" but I'm pretty sure that it was Norman Osbourne. That's honestly the only person who would make sense.

Posted

if norman osborne is dying, then he would probably send someone in his place

Posted

Took the lady to see it. Will review more fully later.

Pretty sure the guy at the end has gotta be Osborn.

Posted

Yeah it's Osborn, since they hinted at his parents, etc, he has to be involved somehow with Osborn, sounded kind of like he would sound.

I thought this movie was much better than the previous 3. Toby McGuire was terrible, and Dunst too. Emma Stone is a good actress and the main guy surprised me. Denis Leary was also top notch. I didn't know what to expect but I was happy.

I just want them to do Venom and Carnage RIGHT on screen.