• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#91 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,304 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:44 PM

There you go again. Show me one ONE 1 statement where anyone in the Saints** organizations admits to being a part of or knowing about a bounty program. Please find it and post it but if you can't please come back and admit you were were wrong in making these statements.

lol really...ok.

As it relates to Saints** G.M. Mickey Loomis, the most troubling aspect of the league’s announcement regarding the team’s bounty system comes in two sentences: “Mr. Benson advised league staff that he had directed his general manager, Mickey Loomis, to ensure that any bounty program be discontinued immediately. The evidence showed that Mr. Loomis did not carry out Mr. Benson’s directions.”
http://profootballta...omis-seems-odd/

New Orleans Saints** Sean Payton and Mickey Loomis release a statement on bounty scandal
03/06/12 4:10PM
New Orleans Saints** coach Sean Payton and general manager Mickey Loomis issued a joint statement on the bounty scandal:
We acknowledge that the violations disclosed by the NFL during their investigation of our club happened under our watch. We take full responsibility.

This has brought undue hardship on Mr. Benson, who had nothing to do with this activity. He has been nothing but supportive and for that we both apologize to him.

These are serious violations and we understand the negative impact it has had on our game. Both of us have made it clear within our organization that this will never happen again, and make that same promise to the NFL and most importantly to all of our fans.
Mickey Loomis & Sean Payton

http://www.nola.com/..._payton_19.html

Gregg Williams issues a statement on the New Orleans Saints** bounty scandal
03/21/12 4:07PM

Former New Orleans Saints** defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, who is now with the St. Louis Rams, issued a statement after the NFL levied the punishment against the Saints** and him today.

"I'd like to again apologize wholeheartedly to the NFL, Coach Fisher, the entire Rams organization and all football fans for my actions. Furthermore, I apologize to the players of the NFL for my involvement as it is not a true reflection of my values as a father or coach, nor is it reflective of the great respect I have for this game and its core principle of sportsmanship. I accept full responsibility for my actions. I highly value the 23 years that I've spent in the NFL. I will continue to cooperate fully with the league and its investigation and I will focus my energies on serving as an advocate for both player safety and sportsmanship. I will do everything possible to re-earn the respect of my colleagues, the NFL and its players in hopes of returning to coaching in the future."
http://www.nola.com/...s_a_statem.html

btw...check out the links, esp. for those last two.

#92 breezing2anotherSB

breezing2anotherSB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

James Anderson had almost that in the last two seasons. Does that make him good? Oh, and your football knowledge is severely lacking if you think only 4 guys averaged just 100 tackles in the last 3 seasons.

Really? Severely lacking? Please don't try to challenge me on things you know nothing about. Commenting is one thing but making totally ignorant statements is just lazy.

Listing of players and tackles over the last 3 years

Rank Player Snaps Tks
1 London Fletcher-Baker 308
2 Stephen Tulloch 308
3 Curtis Lofton 305
4 Chad Greenway 302
5 James Laurinaitis 299
6 Patrick Willis 287
7 Paul Posluszny 273
8 David Hawthorne 270
9 Ray Lewis 268
10 Jerod Mayo 245
10 D.J. Williams 267

#93 breezing2anotherSB

breezing2anotherSB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

lol really...ok.

btw...check out the links, esp. for those last two.

Did you not read my post? Show me ONE link, ONE quote, ONE statement where any coach or player or front office person admits to a bounty program. In the statements and links you provided there is not one sentence where there is an admittance of a bounty program. There is a reason for this, there wasn't one! Can't you get it through your head that the NFL started this process and used unreliable, inaccurate information that snowballed and now they don't know how to get out of it.

By the way, you link that refers to the NFL stating that they had tried twice to shut it down came from the NFL. You really consider that reliable. LMAO

#94 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,076 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

Really? Severely lacking? Please don't try to challenge me on things you know nothing about. Commenting is one thing but making totally ignorant statements is just lazy.

Listing of players and tackles over the last 3 years

Rank Player Snaps Tks
1 London Fletcher-Baker 308
2 Stephen Tulloch 308
3 Curtis Lofton 305
4 Chad Greenway 302
5 James Laurinaitis 299
6 Patrick Willis 287
7 Paul Posluszny 273
8 David Hawthorne 270
9 Ray Lewis 268
10 Jerod Mayo 245
10 D.J. Williams 267

your numbers are way off bro. Mayo 373, James Anderson 340(only started 2 yrs). I wont even do any more because you can't count anyway.

#95 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:19 PM

your numbers are way off bro. Mayo 373, James Anderson 340(only started 2 yrs). I wont even do any more because you can't count anyway.

He doesnt trust the NFL to properly record the number of tackles so he adds them up himself

#96 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,503 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:29 PM

"We acknowledge that the violations disclosed by the NFL during their investigation of our club happened under our watch. We take full responsibility."

Yep, this statement from Loomis and Payton totally screams "we didn't do it".

#97 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,066 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

"We acknowledge that the violations disclosed by the NFL during their investigation of our club happened under our watch. We take full responsibility."

That's propaganda by the NFL and the dictator roger goodell. Drew brees said it never happened, it must be true!

#98 breezing2anotherSB

breezing2anotherSB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:50 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAH 340 tackles in 2 years? LMAO If you are counting assist in your definition of tackles then it proves you are a bigger moron then I thought. Make sure you aren't doing that before you get embarrassed even further.

#99 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,076 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAH 340 tackles in 2 years? LMAO If you are counting assist in your definition of tackles then it proves you are a bigger moron then I thought. Make sure you aren't doing that before you get embarrassed even further.

Okay then you are just making your stats up. Nobody averages 100 unassisted tackles a year. You wear the clown hat around here chump.

#100 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,304 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

Did you not read my post? Show me ONE link, ONE quote, ONE statement where any coach or player or front office person admits to a bounty program. In the statements and links you provided there is not one sentence where there is an admittance of a bounty program. There is a reason for this, there wasn't one! Can't you get it through your head that the NFL started this process and used unreliable, inaccurate information that snowballed and now they don't know how to get out of it.

By the way, you link that refers to the NFL stating that they had tried twice to shut it down came from the NFL. You really consider that reliable. LMAO

ugh. i'm convinced you are either a panther fan trolling or really just beyond dumb and ignorant.

thanks for pointing that out. sad that it needed to be done, but blindboy Saints* fan seems to only see what he wants to, or at least what he's limited to seeing because of his obvious handicap.

#101 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,328 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

ugh. i'm convinced you are either a panther fan trolling or really just beyond dumb and ignorant.

I'd like to think there aren't people in the world who are really that stupid.

Experience with the public tells me otherwise :(

#102 breezing2anotherSB

breezing2anotherSB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

HAHAHA That's it? That's your response? GM and Coach accepted responsibility, for what went on. They were ultimately responsible for what went on with Greg Williams and the Defense. They never admitted any involvement with the bounty or knowledge of it. They owned their responsibility as head coach, and general manager, that this went on during their watch.

#103 -13 Amp-

-13 Amp-

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationShelby, NC

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

what went on then? you said that "this" went on...whats this "this" you speak of then, if it doesn't include the bounty program, since that was what the statement was made for, nothing else...

#104 breezing2anotherSB

breezing2anotherSB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

Okay then you are just making your stats up. Nobody averages 100 unassisted tackles a year. You wear the clown hat around here chump.

Really????? Please just bow out graciously

According to ProFootball focus, Fletcher is tied with the Detroit Lions’ Stephen Tulloch with 308 solo tackles over the past three years, although Fletcher has 81 assists compared to Tulloch’s 66. New Saint Curtis Lofton and Chad Greenway from the Vikings are the only other linebackers with over 300 solo tackles in that span.

https://www.profootb...cy-linebackers/

#105 breezing2anotherSB

breezing2anotherSB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

what went on then? you said that "this" went on...whats this "this" you speak of then, if it doesn't include the bounty program, since that was what the statement was made for, nothing else...

Pay for Performance. Something every team in the league does on a regular basis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com