• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#16 cavic7585

cavic7585

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:39 PM

I like Bismack at the 5, if he could put some more muscle on he would be good to go.

#17 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:39 PM

One thing is for sure. This team needs talent. Beasley has it and Id take a chance on him.

#18 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:41 PM

• I'm not saying we don't need a little length, but I think the NBA is moving away from traditional centers and more towards overall team athleticism. Look at the Heat and Thunder. There wasn't a bunch of 7 footers on the court during the finals. Biyombo could have matched up against Perkins/Ibaka/Bosh no problem.

Since we don't have a Lebron, Wade, Durant and Westbrooke that doesn't work out with us.

#19 Chaos

Chaos

A Star is born

• HUDDLER
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

Michael Beasley on the Gaydar

Posted Image

#20 d-run

d-run

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

Since we don't have a Lebron, Wade, Durant and Westbrooke that doesn't work out with us.

Not saying we are championship caliber or even playoff caliber, just pointing out the championship teams don't have traditional centers

#21 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

Interesting, they must really not want Biyombo to be the 4. Would love to see smack grown another inch for me to be truly comfortable with our front court.

#22 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:10 PM

Kemba, Gordon, MKG, Beasley and Biyombo would be a fun team to watch. Bring in DJ, Henderson, Taylor/Williams, Jamison and Mullens(could even add Thomas in here), off the bench and we will have improved a lot. I can see that team winning 20-25 games. We would still be in strong contention for a top 3 pick as well.

#23 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

Gordon won't start, he's more effective as the 6th man.

#24 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:29 PM

Not saying we are championship caliber or even playoff caliber, just pointing out the championship teams don't have traditional centers

What I'm saying are the teams that have won championships without a legit center had 2 elite scorer (The Bulls in the 90 even thoe they had 7'0 footers and the Heat this year,) or 2 PF that can both guard centers like Detroit. We don't have the scorer nor the 2 PF that can guard centers.

Not to mention most of the championship winning teams have Centers. Lakers,Houston, Dallas and Miami 1st championship had ShaQ.

#25 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

I'd play Biyambo at the 5. Would love to add more length tho.

#26 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:58 PM

Gordon won't start, he's more effective as the 6th man.

I keep telling him that as long as Henderson is on this team he has earn the right to start.

#27 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,185 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:00 PM

I agree, but we aren't the coaches; so what are you going to do... you know?

If it was up to me, I would have Bismack Biyombo playing power forward and sign one of Hickson, Jamison, or Beasley to round out the power forward position, then sign a big center like Chris Kaman, Spencer Hawes, JaVale McGee, or Brook Lopez.

However, it seems like Dunlap want's to play Biyombo at the five, and sign two of the three power forwards mentioned above to round out the power forward position.

I personally don't like the way this is going right now, but it is nice that we are actually checking up on some guys.

I'd like to add a Center like Lopez. Other than that, it's pretty much wasting money to have a mediocre team where we would fall out of the top 3-4 lottery pick with having a chance to draft a star prospect.

Other than that, I'd take Hickson if he would come here and have him at PF with Bismsck playing the 5.

#28 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:02 PM

I'd play Biyambo at the 5. Would love to add more length tho.

I would love to see Biyambo develop at the 4 spot with a Back to the basket 5 with pick and pop ability.

#29 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,185 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:06 PM

• I'm not saying we don't need a little length, but I think the NBA is moving away from traditional centers and more towards overall team athleticism. Look at the Heat and Thunder. There wasn't a bunch of 7 footers on the court during the finals. Biyombo could have matched up against Perkins/Ibaka/Bosh no problem.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. That's why I said T-Rob could've even been a good addition if we didn't take MKG bc of like OKC where they have Ibaka and Perkins.

I think all these Bobcats' fans are dying for a real traditional Center bc they saw Hibbert shined last year. But it's hard to really find one and teams these days are really going smaller athletic players.

#30 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:07 PM

I'd like to add a Center like Lopez. Other than that, it's pretty much wasting money to have a mediocre team where we would fall out of the top 3-4 lottery pick with having a chance to draft a star prospect.

Other than that, I'd take Hickson if he would come here and have him at PF with Bismsck playing the 5.

You also want to draft Zellers who is a 5. So if you brought Hickson in to play PF you would have wasted a season of Bismack not playing PF. Zellers gets drafted by us and now you have to change Bismack again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users