46 replies to this topic

#31 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:10 PM

That's exactly what I'm talking about. That's why I said T-Rob could've even been a good addition if we didn't take MKG bc of like OKC where they have Ibaka and Perkins.

I think all these Bobcats' fans are dying for a real traditional Center bc they saw Hibbert shined last year. But it's hard to really find one and teams these days are really going smaller athletic players.

People keep saying this but how many teams won without a true center?

I'm willing to bet more teams have won with centers.

Let's remember the Bulls, Lakers, Dallas, and Spurs all had true centers.

#32 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,634 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:29 PM

You also want to draft Zellers who is a 5. So if you brought Hickson in to play PF you would have wasted a season of Bismack not playing PF. Zellers gets drafted by us and now you have to change Bismack again.

By saying to draft Zeller or Noel, I mean if the FO want to tank another season. That's rebuilding mode with a young group of guys and I would prefer that scenario.

But if the FO really want to rebuild fast and spend some money, why not spend it on a guy like Hickson? You'll have s strong 4 and 5. Next year take a shooter then.

But why have a mediocre team to win a few games and drop out if the top 3-4 picks when you can tank it again and get a talented big man in Zeller or Noel and build a bright young future like OKC.

#33 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,138 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:31 PM

there is no doubt Biyombo needs to be a 5 not a 4.

#34 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,634 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:34 PM

People keep saying this but how many teams won without a true center?

I'm willing to bet more teams have won with centers.

Let's remember the Bulls, Lakers, Dallas, and Spurs all had true centers.

True but this year two finals teams had no true Center. It's great to have a guy like Hibbert who has all the physical attributes but how many teams actually has a true Center? Not much right. All i am saying is majority of the NBA teams are much smaller. Even this year no.1 pick AD, a big man is still only 6'11".

#35 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:34 PM

By saying to draft Zeller or Noel, I mean if the FO want to tank another season. That's rebuilding mode with a young group of guys and I would prefer that scenario.

But if the FO really want to rebuild fast and spend some money, why not spend it on a guy like Hickson? You'll have s strong 4 and 5. Next year take a shooter then.

But why have a mediocre team to win a few games and drop out if the top 3-4 picks when you can tank it again and get a talented big man in Zeller or Noel and build a bright young future like OKC.

They really don't want to spend like that or they would have brought Hilbert in and gave him the Max. Or drafted Trob. They drafted MKG and will get Carroll and Diop off the books before they really start spending.

#36 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:38 PM

there is no doubt Biyombo needs to be a 5 not a 4.

Their is a lot of doubt in that.

#37 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:41 PM

True but this year two finals teams had no true Center. It's great to have a guy like Hibbert who has all the physical attributes but how many teams actually has a true Center? Not much right. All i am saying is majority of the NBA teams are much smaller. Even this year no.1 pick AD, a big man is still only 6'11".

That's 1 year and not to many teams will have 3 elite scorer on them as well. It's a lot harder to build a team like Miami and OKC then is like the Spurs, Dallas, and the Lakers.

#38 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,634 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:58 PM

That's 1 year and not to many teams will have 3 elite scorer on them as well. It's a lot harder to build a team like Miami and OKC then is like the Spurs, Dallas, and the Lakers.

I Agee with that but teams now, are starting to have more smaller athletic guys to win. True 7 footer Center are really hard to find now and if you do have one, it's still hard to win with it (pacers) due to teams having great range shooters. Sure, Mavs won it with Chandler, but the real reason was bc of Nowitzki and Terry having the ability to score those jumpers.

Spurs got beat this year even though having Duncan, bc the other teams had guys who were faster and more athletic in guys like KD, Westbrook and Harden.

Also, just look at next year draft, the two best big men are 6'11" still.

#39 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:08 AM

I Agee with that but teams now, are starting to have more smaller athletic guys to win. True 7 footer Center are really hard to find now and if you do have one, it's still hard to win with it (pacers) due to teams having great range shooters. Sure, Mavs won it with Chandler, but the real reason was bc of Nowitzki and Terry having the ability to score those jumpers.

Spurs got beat this year even though having Duncan, bc the other teams had guys who were faster and more athletic in guys like KD, Westbrook and Harden.

Also, just look at next year draft, the two best big men are 6'11" still.

Dallas wouldn't have won without Chandler.

Spurs have 4 titles.

And I'll take a 6'11 guy like Deandre Jordon, Or Zo Mouring.

#40 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,634 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:25 AM

Dallas wouldn't have won without Chandler.

Spurs have 4 titles.

And I'll take a 6'11 guy like Deandre Jordon, Or Zo Mouring.

Of course me too. But I thought we were debating about 7 footer true real Centers like Shaq and Chandler. Lakers and Mavs right?

#41 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:01 AM

Of course me too. But I thought we were debating about 7 footer true real Centers like Shaq and Chandler. Lakers and Mavs right?

6'11 and 7'0 are about the same thing so I put them in the same catagory. It has to do with height and mass as well. Dwight Howard is 6'11 and a true center.

Drummond is 6'11 and a true center.

#42 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:07 AM

6'11 and 7'0 are about the same thing so I put them in the same catagory. It has to do with height and mass as well. Dwight Howard is 6'11 and a true center.

Drummond is 6'11 and a true center.

I think you put too much in to measurements. Drummond isn't really a true anything.

#43 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,634 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:26 AM

I'd rather us make a hard push for Beasley than Jaminson. Sure, Jaminson could be a leader for our young guys and help them grow but Beasley is a better piece to add going toward the future. I hope that we will be having another high lottery pick next year again. And I believe if we do add one of the two, that we will still be in the high lotto picks. We really need a big man to add to our roster. I hope we add a Noel or Zeller in 2013. This would be an exciting squad to watch make a playoffs push:

PG: Kemba (if he pans out)
SG: Gordon/Hendo
SF: MKG/Taylor
PG: Beasley/Biyombo
C: Zeller/Mullens

#44 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:05 AM

I'd rather us make a hard push for Beasley than Jaminson. Sure, Jaminson could be a leader for our young guys and help them grow but Beasley is a better piece to add going toward the future. I hope that we will be having another high lottery pick next year again. And I believe if we do add one of the two, that we will still be in the high lotto picks. We really need a big man to add to our roster. I hope we add a Noel or Zeller in 2013. This would be an exciting squad to watch make a playoffs push:

PG: Kemba (if he pans out)
SG: Gordon/Hendo
SF: MKG/Taylor
PG: Beasley/Biyombo
C: Zeller/Mullens

Breasley is one of my most liked players. I've always liked him. I liked him on miami. But anyways I'd be pretty happy I'd we signed b easy.
It would be perfect too Bc we would still be bad enough to get a top 5 pick Bc all of our young talent

#45 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

Both Michael Beasley and Eric Gordon have come to agreements with the Suns

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users