Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nash to Lakers

30 posts in this topic

Posted

And the old get older.

And a whole hell of a lot better to....Nash may be 38, but he's still playing close to his MVP level....

Posted

Lakers are adding an MVP type PG. Nash will make those bigs play at an all star level. Sure it will be interesting to see how Kobe responds but this isnt the same young Kobe. He wants rings and he was probably the #1 person wanting Nash.

Posted

Lakers are adding an MVP type PG. Nash will make those bigs play at an all star level. Sure it will be interesting to see how Kobe responds but this isnt the same young Kobe. He wants rings and he was probably the #1 person wanting Nash.

Exactly, every report I've read is that the innitial contact on the Lakers behalf was made by Kobe. He called and said "I need you to help me". Kobe only cares about winning. If he needs to give up a little control to do that I'm confident he will. People forget, the Mamba has never played with a PG of Nash's caliber. So those saying that Kobe won't allow Nash to control the offense are just making assumptions....

Posted

This could prolong Kobe's career, if he doesn't HAVE to handle it so often.

Huge upgrade for them, Nash is a beast.

Posted

Lakers still need a bench though.

Nash

Kobe

Metta

Gasol

Bynum

Blake,Goudelock,Johnson-Odom, Barnes, Murphy, Sacre

Posted

Barnes is a FA, Grant Hill seems like a formality so he will be a decent addition to the bench even at his age....

Posted

Eh, Grant Hill would be a good addition but the Lakers need a spark off of that bench in a big way.

Posted

They're still in the running for Nick Young from what I've read. He's still weighing if he would rather take the mini mid level to try and win a ring....

One things for sure, they definitely aren't done improving this team....

Posted

Completely forgot about this, but interesting for sure....

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-dwight-howard-wants-steve-nash

The Orlando Magic has made offers for Nash in the past and sources close to the situation say that they’ll attempt to acquire the 16-year veteran in the next two weeks. Dwight Howard has asked the front office to pursue Nash and sources close to Howard believe he won’t exercise his early termination option if the team is able to acquire Nash and re-sign him this summer.

1 person likes this

Posted

Adding Nick Young would be a perfect addition for them IMO.

Posted

Adding Nick Young would be a perfect addition for them IMO.

Yea it's not likely, but he's definitely a guy that's still on their radar. The Lakers do have the draw of Young's home on their side though....

Posted

Hahahaha I fuging love it!

Live and die in LA bitches!