<

Photo
- - - - -

Another just get through July thread - Keys to making the playoffs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#16 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:43 PM

1- Better Defense
2- Stay Healthy
3- New FS, New SS
4- Win at Home

:cam:

#17 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

I think the key to making the Playoffs have been touched on by everyone who posted.

So for the large part I agree with everyone.

Only thing I would add is starting the Season off strong. We play the Bucs, Saints*, Giants, Falcons and then the Seahawks before the bye.

If we can beat the Bucs who have a whole new coaching staff, the Saints* have had a terrible offseason and no SP, with a new DC, the Falcons who will have growing pains with new DC and OC and then finish off the Hawks at home before the bye, and host Dallas, with a 4-1 we will have good momentum going into the 2nd and 3rd quarter of the schedule.

With year two with Cam and a high-powered offense, a DEF that will come together with Beason, Edwards, Kuechly Anderson and hopefully a better secondary in year two of MCDermont scheme, and last but not least, a much improved ST. I think we have the ingredients to make a strong push to get deep into the playoffs.

#18 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

My first thought is to win the turnover battle. Weekly.

Quit with the penalties. Especially in the red zone.

Those two should get us in the playoffs. But to me, the biggest key to making a deep playoff run is the ability of your D to get off the field on third down. Forcing a punt is a good play. Some how, that play has to make its way back into the playbook if we want to be taken serially.

We need a shizzle load of luck and breaks to even sniff the playoffs. But the homer in me just has to say, Why Not?

#19 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:20 PM

I think the key to making the Playoffs have been touched on by everyone who posted.

So for the large part I agree with everyone.

Only thing I would add is starting the Season off strong. We play the Bucs, Saints**, Giants, Falcons and then the Seahawks before the bye.

If we can beat the Bucs who have a whole new coaching staff, the Saints** have had a terrible offseason and no SP, with a new DC, the Falcons who will have growing pains with new DC and OC and then finish off the Hawks at home before the bye, and host Dallas, with a 4-1 we will have good momentum going into the 2nd and 3rd quarter of the schedule.

With year two with Cam and a high-powered offense, a DEF that will come together with Beason, Edwards, Kuechly Anderson and hopefully a better secondary in year two of MCDermont scheme, and last but not least, a much improved ST. I think we have the ingredients to make a strong push to get deep into the playoffs.

4-1 or 3-2 in our first 5 games would set us up nicely. I mean, why can't the things you say come to fuition? It is early in the season, goofy things happen all the time. If we can come out of this stage of the year in good shape. It could give us the momentum needed to finish off with a bang.

My worst nightmare is starting the season off with a thud.

#20 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

HUDDLER

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:30 PM

Holding on to leads and FINISHING GAMES!

#21 edromeo

edromeo

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:03 PM

o Improved play from the defense
-especially up front along the D-line

o Improved play on special teams

o Cam improving in the quick read passing game (1-step/3 step drops and shotgun) because 5 & 7 step drop heavy passing game puts alot of pressure/is very reliant upon the OL

#22 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

Finish the season strong and w momentum, stay healthy for a long playoff run

#23 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:53 AM

olsen needs to have the year we all expect him to

#24 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

HUDDLER

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:23 PM

Olsen does need to step up. i expect more from him than what he gave us last year.

hopefully being healthy will also help cut down on our defensive penalties.

#25 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

Olsen does need to step up. i expect more from him than what he gave us last year.

hopefully being healthy will also help cut down on our defensive penalties.

I agree that with Olsen being the main TE his receptions could very well go up. Which I feel is a good thing. He needs a good year to get back to being in that elite category discussion.

I had not really thought about the correlation between missing starters and penalties. But it does make sense. Hopefully, with Beason back, the communication should improve. Which should help the overall play of the D. Thus cutting down on the penalties. That, and getting Capt. back to nickel back.