Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pennsylvania Republican Mike Turzai explains the goal of his state's Voter ID laws for us

85 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87NN5sdqNt8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87NN5sdqNt8[/url]

fun starts at 0:12

Posted · Report post

What's wrong with voter ID? Somebody casting a vote in an American election should have to prove they are eligible to vote.

Posted · Report post

Do you support fraudulent votes? You have to show ID to buy alchohol, cigarettes, and a myriad of other things. Showing ID will not suppress anybody from voting unless that person does not qualify to vote. It's a no brainer.

Posted · Report post

So why do you oppose voter ID?

Posted · Report post

its one of the lib's gods scp. if it went away they have one less thing to cry like a 2yr old teething. proving who you are is done as you said in so many other ways. once every couple of years for a few mins won't kill or oppress you at all.

Posted · Report post

I suppose requiring ID to board a commercial aircraft is a bunch of crap as well. Or showing my ID at will call to pick up tickets at Verizon Ampitheater, what are they thinking. Fraud should rule the day. I don't care what party you vote for, you should want a fair election process.

Posted · Report post

Until the government goes sends out free ID's to every citizen in the nation, they shouldn't be a requirement to vote.

My grandmother never had a drivers license and I'm fairly certain she didn't have an ID. She had social security cards and credit cards, but no photo ID. She was just a very plain old-school woman in rural West Virginia that grew her own food and depended on other people to take her places if she needed to go shopping or to the doctor.

Posted · Report post

tensor she may have done it right. but can you prove nobody used her info to vote also? thats the tricky thing at play here.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Tensor' timestamp='1341585108' post='1819501']
Until the government goes sends out free ID's to every citizen in the nation, they shouldn't be a requirement to vote.

My grandmother never had a drivers license and I'm fairly certain she didn't have an ID. She had social security cards and credit cards, but no photo ID. She was just a very plain old-school woman in rural West Virginia that grew her own food and depended on other people to take her places if she needed to go shopping or to the doctor.
[/quote]

Did she actively vote?

Posted · Report post

Nowadays most places ask for ID when you use a credit card.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SCP' timestamp='1341585269' post='1819503']
Did she actively vote?
[/quote]Yes. That side of the family is fiercely republican.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SCP' timestamp='1341585358' post='1819504']
Nowadays most places ask for ID when you use a credit card.
[/quote] I get asked for a credit card maybe once our of every ten times I use my credit card.

They're supposed to ask, but few do. When I worked retail in college, I never asked to see someone's ID. A lot of people got angry because they thought we were accusing them of fraud, so I just stopped asking. None of my co-workers ever asked to see ID either.