Photo
- - - - -

Pennsylvania Republican Mike Turzai explains the goal of his state's Voter ID laws for us

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:59 AM

fun starts at 0:12

#2 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,912 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:07 AM

What's wrong with voter ID? Somebody casting a vote in an American election should have to prove they are eligible to vote.

#3 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,912 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

Do you support fraudulent votes? You have to show ID to buy alchohol, cigarettes, and a myriad of other things. Showing ID will not suppress anybody from voting unless that person does not qualify to vote. It's a no brainer.

#4 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,912 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:20 AM

So why do you oppose voter ID?

#5 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,181 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:23 AM

its one of the lib's gods scp. if it went away they have one less thing to cry like a 2yr old teething. proving who you are is done as you said in so many other ways. once every couple of years for a few mins won't kill or oppress you at all.

#6 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,912 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:31 AM

I suppose requiring ID to board a commercial aircraft is a bunch of crap as well. Or showing my ID at will call to pick up tickets at Verizon Ampitheater, what are they thinking. Fraud should rule the day. I don't care what party you vote for, you should want a fair election process.

#7 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:31 AM

Until the government goes sends out free ID's to every citizen in the nation, they shouldn't be a requirement to vote.

My grandmother never had a drivers license and I'm fairly certain she didn't have an ID. She had social security cards and credit cards, but no photo ID. She was just a very plain old-school woman in rural West Virginia that grew her own food and depended on other people to take her places if she needed to go shopping or to the doctor.

#8 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,181 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

tensor she may have done it right. but can you prove nobody used her info to vote also? thats the tricky thing at play here.

#9 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,912 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

Until the government goes sends out free ID's to every citizen in the nation, they shouldn't be a requirement to vote.

My grandmother never had a drivers license and I'm fairly certain she didn't have an ID. She had social security cards and credit cards, but no photo ID. She was just a very plain old-school woman in rural West Virginia that grew her own food and depended on other people to take her places if she needed to go shopping or to the doctor.

Did she actively vote?

#10 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,912 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

Nowadays most places ask for ID when you use a credit card.

#11 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

Did she actively vote?

Yes. That side of the family is fiercely republican.

#12 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:40 AM

Nowadays most places ask for ID when you use a credit card.

I get asked for a credit card maybe once our of every ten times I use my credit card.

They're supposed to ask, but few do. When I worked retail in college, I never asked to see someone's ID. A lot of people got angry because they thought we were accusing them of fraud, so I just stopped asking. None of my co-workers ever asked to see ID either.

#13 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,395 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

I'm sure if democrats/republicans really want their voters out there, that financial aid to help purchase photo IDs would/should be done.

#14 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,181 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:44 AM

i had a car stolen years ago and there was a checkbook in it. of course the jackasses used the checks and jacked up my accts.
they took one to a grocery store where they knew a cashier. bought some stuff and got 300 back in cash. no id. no nothing.
i call their corporate office and went ballistic on them about how that was such a sham. they changed their policy after realizing it was seriously flawed.
a week later in line at same store chain a woman was asked for an id when she wrote a check. of course she was offended and then i gave her a quick story on why they were doing it and she goes ooooh. i see.

#15 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,395 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:48 AM

I thank people when they ask to see my Visa card or id. My cards have my pic on them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com