Photo
- - - - -

Pennsylvania Republican Mike Turzai explains the goal of his state's Voter ID laws for us

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#76 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,772 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

well you see then how small a voice it still is, compared to the rich folks buying time against their interests. Apparently it's now illegal to blame the blacks or the mexicans for our problems, so blaming the poor for the nations ills will just have to do.

#77 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,311 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

not blaming a group as much as im pointing out simple logic. if the Dems have had all this control in some cities for so long because people keep voting for them, then wouldn't their quality of life be so good that the cost of a card would not even be an issue?

#78 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 15,955 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

yeah there are no poor people in cities where Republicans have control, duh.

plus for all we know their quality of life has increased under Democrats, and maybe the cost of a card isn't life ruining or something, but it is still an additional expense they now have to pay in order to vote.

plus most people are smart enough to know there is only so much a local administration can do to adjust your quality of life. we live in a country where there is more going on than what happens in our particular hamlet.

#79 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,311 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

just some sneaky underhanded low expecations of a group of people that have been taken for granted and just assume they will vote for Dems year after year.

i have mentioned this before but fits here. a few years ago on MTV they had a Rock the Vote segment. Had a 17 yr old African Am guy who was a Rep. So they figured he was a novelty item and put him on the streets of NYC. They follow him with a camera and he encounters kids his age and they are going off on him about how they can't find jobs and their schools are bad etc. He just calmly fires back well why don't you vote out your state rep that has been a Dem for like 40 years. Dead slilence. Game.Set and Match.

I say that to just make a point. the media and for the most part libs fall into this trap of this is Jim Crow stuff and as an Indy I try to point out how you keep voting for the same thing but expect change and when it doesn't, your solution is to vote...the...same...guy...AGAIN? insanity

#80 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 15,955 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

just some sneaky underhanded low expecations of a group of people that have been taken for granted and just assume they will vote for Dems year after year.

i have mentioned this before but fits here. a few years ago on MTV they had a Rock the Vote segment. Had a 17 yr old African Am guy who was a Rep. So they figured he was a novelty item and put him on the streets of NYC. They follow him with a camera and he encounters kids his age and they are going off on him about how they can't find jobs and their schools are bad etc. He just calmly fires back well why don't you vote out your state rep that has been a Dem for like 40 years. Dead slilence. Game.Set and Match.

I say that to just make a point. the media and for the most part libs fall into this trap of this is Jim Crow stuff and as an Indy I try to point out how you keep voting for the same thing but expect change and when it doesn't, your solution is to vote...the...same...guy...AGAIN? insanity

You don't actually think that, do you? I actually thought you were a lot brighter than that. Obviously come every election, one should evaluate each candidate, but the idea that "my situation sucks, I should do opposite of what I've been doing to improve it" is not always a good move, especially in elections.

In this political climate you have 2 parties and perhaps you may have the view that 1 helps you a little, and 1 pretty much wants to get rid of what little help you get from the other. Now perhaps that's a poor world view, perhaps it's incorrect, perhaps we need to teach our poor people to pull themselves up by their bootstraps, get all the education they can afford (none), and get out there and work, but... maybe these problems are a bit more complex than that.

What is insanity is your apparent belief that if you want something to improve, you should do the opposite of what you did previously. That doesn't make sense. There are cases where if you are given the options of partial crap and total crap, you might want to take partial crap instead of total crap. The problems inner city neighborhoods face are so much more extreme than just "DEMOCRATS ARENT HELPING THEM, LOL VOTE REPUBLICAN." Perhaps one of the reasons that inner cities haven't gotten 100% totally super awesome better with the Democratic state rep is because the reps from other places in the state don't care nearly as much as that dem state rep, so they aren't going to go along with every single thing that dem state rep wants to do.

#81 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,311 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:47 PM

so the lesser of two evils is the blind mantra here? so with the new health care plan, the notion was well lets at least try without further tweaking or fixing low lying fruit.
but that same notion doesn't apply to some places that year after year are in a hole and the very people that are allegedly representing them, don't seem to be doing much for them.

for many, by always voting for the same party, you completely eliminate any chance of at least seeing how something else may work.

and the doing complete opposite of what you have been doing isn't my answer. however, if you keep doing the SAME thing year after year and NOTHING changes, well it's time to do something different.

#82 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:35 PM

Are you saying that you will be voting for a 3rd party candidate?

#83 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,311 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

you asking me? i have before and will again if its right.

#84 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,726 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:01 AM

Pstall...liberals have perfected and modernized the government plantation and, I guess, have an entire segment of the population under some sort of Stockholm syndrome where there is no hope.

Look at all the California cities going bankrupt. Detroit. Others. There really is no reason for anyone to keep voting in failed politician after another in these places but still do. I feel sorry for them.

#85 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 15,955 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

Lesser of two evils is not the blind mantra, but at times it is how one votes if they are afraid that voting for the 'greater evil' might make things worse for themselves.

It's much more an image problem of the Republican party as well as the policies support by both parties, I think, than any sort of Stockholm syndrome. Plus, what I have heard and read suggests that the very poor may have given up on both parties since they have extremely low participation in elections anyway as far as I understand it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.