Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthersfan704

James Anderson criticism...Wow...

85 posts in this topic

Hey look, someone said something negative about a Panthers player! ATTACK! GET ANGRY! INSULT THE AUTHOR! HOW DARE THEY!

sMh

Hey look, someone said something negative about a Panthers player! ATTACK! GET ANGRY! INSULT THE AUTHOR! HOW DARE THEY!

sMh

i dont even think it's that, just funny how he randomly picked Anderson's name out of the hat. He is better than most at his position, and most can't cover Colston, Graham or Gonzo either - not even Beason.

seems pretty reasonable to me.

Anderson still has big flaws in his game, but he's improved a lot from his first couple of years in the league, when basically the only thing he could do well was blitz off the edge.

sMh

I could give two shitts when some nerd that gets paid to make stuff up about football for money hates on the Panthers, but when some dude that calls himself a 'fan' just nods and agrees it pisses me off.

It reminds me of when a troll comes in and says "The Panthers suck! You guys aren't poo!" and then a 'fan' will just say, 'Yeah we know no need to remind us"...

Not that I should even put my .02 in here but here's my take:

Anderson is a HELL of a LBer, and has an undeniable nose for the football. We already knew that he has Always been a liability in pass coverage... Which is another reason we drafted Kuechly.

Anderson is still a beast. The author quoted in the OP seems to single handedly blaim Anderson for the Defense's shortcomings as a whole...

How bout on any given one of those plays that he gets beat Johnson or Hardy sacks the QB or maybe even a 4th string DT (at the time) gets a couple of fingers and deflects the ball... This wouldn't be a topic of discussion. It's ridiculous how some people try to rationalize their own opinions.

Good research by the author, however he could easily do that with any other defender in the league.

Bad linebackers don't rack up that many tackles. Good linebackers on bad defenses do.

1 person likes this

So the guy was able to pull 4 bad plays from a 16 game sample size. James was asked to do more than he should have because he was playing with bums. Matching him up against a RB with 4.2 speed is a disaster waiting to happen. Jimmy Graham beats everyone. He broke a record for receiving yards by a TE. Cholston is a tough match up for a LB and as I remember he was playing underneath coverage, not man. Brees dropped it in perfectly to a pro bowl wide receiver.

With all that said James is a quality starter, not a superstar. I have nothing but respect for him holding it together the last several years.

So the whole argument is based on word choice now lol? Because I said he's a great linebacker instead of a 'good' or 'decent'?

You just love to argue, and argue against your team man, it's horrible and I don't know why you waste your time doing such a thing. Anderson is not a top linebacker in the league but certainly does a very good job, and while our star linebacker sat on the bench last year, Anderson stepped up and made great plays.

So fuging sorry that I back up my teammate rather than critiquing his every move and calling him 'just another guy'.

Get lost, loser.

Um yeah.... words matter.

If you claim someone is x and he is y.....people are going to respond.

You literally just said it shouldn't matter if you call someone "great" or "decent". There is a HUGE difference in the great NFL players and decent ones...league wide and per roster. Are you so busy trying to label me as a hater that you don't even read what you write?

I don't really care if some guy wants to throw out some criticisms of our 3rd best linebacker, but how the hell is a 7-yard 4th down sack a "Hidden Play". That goes on the stat sheet and highlights.

Also what the fug is a JAG? I'm sure we're all aware of the awesome mid-90's show about the Judge Advocate General's Corps, but it doesn't seem like we are talking about that.

Jag=just another guy=meh player

cherry-picking seven out of hundreds of snaps an NFL player participated in to draw a conclusion? yahoo sports with the statistical analysis masterpiece

1 person likes this

Beason got beat by Jeff King last year against AZ when he went down with his injury, and Patrick Willis' whole defense got carved up by David Gettis and Matt figgin Moore two years back. Does that mean they suck? No it means poo happens.