Photo
- - - - -

James Anderson criticism...Wow...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
84 replies to this topic

#76 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:19 PM

Stupid article. They should also reference the numerous first downs/touchdowns that Martin and Godfrey gave up when they were defending the TEs in the Falcons and Vikings game. Believe me, it happened more than it did for JA.

Anderson is a baller, and with some help from our REAL starting LBs back there with him and DTs, the author of this piece and even some people around here will be eating crow after this season.

#77 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:08 AM

Maybe if we had CB's and safeties on the wideouts instead of our only non-useless linebacker, this wouldn't be the case.

Whoever wrote this is a fool.

#78 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:02 AM

I agree with you that good starters are not JAGs unless your team or unit is average or below. Anderson was a leader and the 3rd best player on the defense last year behind Gamble and Johnson. That is hardly just a guy who could be easily replaced. We just signed him to a 5 year 22 million contract. He has become a good starter who we would surely miss if he got injured or left. That is not a JAG that is an integral part of the defense.

Has the Carolina D Anderson has been playing on not been below average? JAGs "shine" on bad defenses....He was sharing the field with guys who were starting that weren't even backup material last season.

With a healthy squad, Anderson is the 4th best LB on the team.

#79 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:32 AM

Has the Carolina D Anderson has been playing on not been below average? JAGs "shine" on bad defenses....He was sharing the field with guys who were starting that weren't even backup material last season.

With a healthy squad, Anderson is the 4th best LB on the team.

If you keep reaching so much you are going to pull something. Like usual there is significant evidence both in quotes by Rivera and the stats of Anderson which refutes your ideas yet you argue on because you can't admit you are wrong.

With a healthy squad at the beginning of the year, Anderson will be a starter on arguably one of the potentially best linebacker corps in the league this year. Only someone trying to diminish Anderson rates Davis above him when Davis hasn't played any significant time since 2009 and is a huge long shot to stay healthy even if he starts out that way.

#80 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

i would buy that anderson might be the 4th best LB on the squad if TD and beason are both back and healthy and keuchly is as good as expected, but on just about any other LB corps in the league he would probably be one of the two best and maybe the best.

he is one of the best in the league as far as being able to produce and reliability. he might not be a dynamic talent, but he's shown he can produce like one and that's a testimony to his hunger and effort more than anything. he gives consistently that extra bit and leaves nothing on the field. it's his effort and his ability to get where he needs to be that makes him one of the best/most productive in the league.

#81 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

If you keep reaching so much you are going to pull something. Like usual there is significant evidence both in quotes by Rivera and the stats of Anderson which refutes your ideas yet you argue on because you can't admit you are wrong.

With a healthy squad at the beginning of the year, Anderson will be a starter on arguably one of the potentially best linebacker corps in the league this year. Only someone trying to diminish Anderson rates Davis above him when Davis hasn't played any significant time since 2009 and is a huge long shot to stay healthy even if he starts out that way.

What reach?

Saying the Carolina D was poo last year isn't a reach....

When was it above average?

Saying a healthy Beason, Davis, Luke makes Anderson the 4th best LB isn't a reach.

Tackles are like passing yards. Going back to Anderson's stats on a poor D doesnt mean much.

You put a bad DL with bad LBs on the field and JAGs like Dan Connor would contend for the league high in tackles. That is just reality....Connor wouldn't suddenly be something different bc he was racking up stats

I don't see the need inflate guys bc they are Panthers. I can find pretty quotes about Bell, Fua, Captain, etc from Rivera.....doesn't mean much.

#82 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

HUDDLER

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

Um yeah.... words matter.

If you claim someone is x and he is y.....people are going to respond.

You literally just said it shouldn't matter if you call someone "great" or "decent". There is a HUGE difference in the great NFL players and decent ones...league wide and per roster. Are you so busy trying to label me as a hater that you don't even read what you write?

Words do matter, and this response is like the pot calling the kettle black. Anderson is more than JAG. He is somewhere between JAG and great IMHO. He isn't a superstar, but isn't chopped liver either. We could most certainly do worse, and, I might add, many teams would love to have their LB3/LB4 possess the skills of Anderson.

#83 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

HUDDLER

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:07 PM

You don't watch the Panthers. I am convinced.

If you really think Anderson is just another linebacker that gets a couple of tackles a game, than I am thoroughly convinced you do not watch the Panthers.

There is no argument so don't even try to start one.

he's not the only one who thinks that way, I do too, James Anderson isn't bad, but he's nothing special either, those who think that really crack me up.

James is just your run of the mill dime a dozen good Line Backer nothing more to see

#84 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
Guests

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

Not even wasting my time with this argument anymore. You have your opinion and I have mine.

James Anderson is a solid linebacker that stepped up into a captain role after some significant injuries, and happened to be one of the only bright spots on defense last season.

Give credit where credit is do, especially as a 'fan'.

#85 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:25 PM

What reach?

Saying the Carolina D was poo last year isn't a reach....

When was it above average?

Saying a healthy Beason, Davis, Luke makes Anderson the 4th best LB isn't a reach.

Tackles are like passing yards. Going back to Anderson's stats on a poor D doesnt mean much.

You put a bad DL with bad LBs on the field and JAGs like Dan Connor would contend for the league high in tackles. That is just reality....Connor wouldn't suddenly be something different bc he was racking up stats

I don't see the need inflate guys bc they are Panthers. I can find pretty quotes about Bell, Fua, Captain, etc from Rivera.....doesn't mean much.

It is a reach to say that Davis is better than Anderson when he hasn't played at all in the last 2 years and undoubtedly will have some negative effects from 3 ACL surguries. At this point to assume that Keuchly is better than Anderson is a supposition with no evidence to prove it. He may surely end up being better but at this point what we know is that Anderson is the only starter to have played all of last year and he holds the franchise record for tackles.

It is surely a reach to say that Connor would contend with the league lead in tackles if he played on a bad defense when he wasn't even good enough to keep.

And the fact that you dismiss Rivera's comments surely speaks more to your issues than Rivera's. The fact that you can't even see that you are way on left field is all I need to let this conversation rest. Getting in the last word doesn't make you right just compulsive.