Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,538 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

Link: http://aol.sportingn...l-be-among-most

Carolina Panthers

2011 numbers: 27th in scoring defense (26.8 points per game), 28th (377.6 yards per game) in total defense.

Stopping the run was a huge issue last season, and a big reason for that was injuries up the middle. Three-time Pro Bowl inside linebacker Jon Beason was missed most after suffering a season-ending left Achilles' injury in Week 1. Before that blow, the Panthers lost newly signed starting tackle Ron Edwards to a torn triceps in training camp.

Both of those returning veterans will get help from youngsters around them. Third-year left end Greg Hardy and second-year tackle Terrell McClain will step into increased roles up front next to Edwards and top pass rusher Charles Johnson.

The linebackers, however will be the core playmakers of this defense, which shouldn't be a surprise on a Ron Rivera-coached team. Beason comes back as a tackling machine, and first-round pick Luke Kuechly will also cover plenty of ground. Kuechly's coverage skills and instincts against the pass will help the Panthers better control backs and tight ends—a must in the NFC South.

The Panthers retain a familiar secondary, but their near-wholesale changes in the front seven will make the difference.

This is the only positive article I have seen printed up about our defense. Good job, Sporting News!!!

#2 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,689 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:57 PM

Expect the secondary to have some new faces at starter too.

#3 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,538 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:00 PM

Forgive me if this offends anyone, but our secondary has the iq of two year old, and at least two of them might be characterized at mentally retarded. Yes, I'm talking to you Munnerlyn and Martin.

Godfrey isn't too far ahead of Munnerlyn.

I also wonder what it's like to be Chris Gamble, knowing that he is the only competent player in the entire secondary.

#4 Corporal Casto

Corporal Casto

Noob Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationQueen City

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

Forgive me if this offends anyone, but our secondary has the iq of two year old, and at least two of them might be characterized at metally retarded. Yes, I'm talking to you Munnerlyn and Martin.

I am going to assume your mishap is that of a typing error and not a reflection of ones own IQ. Ironic, none the less.

Carry on, now.

#5 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,625 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:20 PM

Forgive me if this offends anyone, but our secondary has the iq of two year old, and at least two of them might be characterized at metally retarded. Yes, I'm talking to you Munnerlyn and Martin.

Godfrey isn't too far behind Munnerlyn.

I also wonder what it's like to be Chris Gamble, knowing that he is the only competent player in the entire secondary.

The first part of this post is irony defined.

#6 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,574 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:26 PM

Munnerlyn is far from retarded, he just can't contend with his lack of size.

#7 panthers34

panthers34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

defense is fine and it was last year too the problem is that they need to stay healthy

#8 panthers34

panthers34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

Why does everyone think Godfrey sucks...he was really good last year..Martin was the problem

#9 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,428 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:43 PM

Not sure how Hardy's role can increase from last year, but whatever.

#10 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,586 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

Our safety play was atrocious. Neither Martin or Godfrey looked anything like a competent NFL DB last year.

#11 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,172 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

Why does everyone think Godfrey sucks...he was really good last year..Martin was the problem

In before CRA comes to tell you that's not true.

#12 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,277 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

Also, not to over do the subject. But, shouldn't that be, Godfrey isn't to far ahead of Munny? Cuz you know, back before ritalin, there was corporal punishment. And the Pledge of Allegiance, and jungle jims, dodgeball, redrover...

#13 Irv

Irv

Winner Best New Huddler

• HUDDLER
  • 3,444 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

Bewbs

Posted Image

#14 Jesse

Jesse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

Can't get any worse.

#15 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,574 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

Irv wins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.