Photo
- - - - -

Do you feel that Steve Smith has wasted his talent here?

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#76 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,459 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:47 PM

I care because the team surrounding you improves your chances of getting into the HOF due to better statistics and rings. I care because I watched my favorite player of all time have some seasons in the prime of his career wasted due to injury/shitty qb play/ flawed offensive philosophy.

What is actually dumb is making weak parodies to fuel counter points due to an overly sensitive butt hurt nature that has been more predominant on this board as the offseason drags on.

The problem here is that if he weren't a Panther, he probably wouldn't be your favorite player unless you aren't a Panther fan. Who knows what would have happened if he went elsewhere. Maybe he gets seriously injured and doesn't have the career he has had here. Maybe he ends up going to Chicago or elsewhere where receivers go to die. Maybe they waste him on a west coast team where his deep ball ability is wasted. Who knows. What is dumb is playing the shoulda coulda game and then being pissed off about it.

#77 pepaw

pepaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

You're right it is dumb to be pissed about that. I was more so agitated that I could not post my answer to the question of the original OP without someone calling it dumb because it does not fall in line with what they believe.

#78 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,936 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:43 PM

Who the hell still listens to the fugees.. could be one of the worst alts I've seen here.

If you think Steve wasted his talent here you haven't watched any panthers games.

#79 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:11 AM

He is ranked 32nd in career receiving yards and has two maybe three years left. He has the ability to gain at least another 2,500 in 3 seasons and that would put him right outside the top 10 of all time. No, I do not think he wasted his talent with the Panthers.

#80 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:41 AM

How quick we are to forget how good Delhomme was prior to his downfall. There was a span where he was performing at a "top ten QB" level.

He was also really fond of Smith (sometimes to fond of him) and threw the ball his way an incredible amount of time.

Smith has also benefited from the fact that we havent had a solid number two or anything resembling a threat at TE to take balls away from him. From 2005 to 2010, our offense consisted of our running game and Steve Smith.

All those factors make me answer the OP's question of whether Smith has wasted his talent here with the word NO. if anything, I think he has made the most of his opportunties and maximized his potential in a Panther uni.

#81 pepaw

pepaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

How quick we are to forget how good Delhomme was prior to his downfall. There was a span where he was performing at a "top ten QB" level.

He was also really fond of Smith (sometimes to fond of him) and threw the ball his way an incredible amount of time.

Smith has also benefited from the fact that we havent had a solid number two or anything resembling a threat at TE to take balls away from him. From 2005 to 2010, our offense consisted of our running game and Steve Smith.

All those factors make me answer the OP's question of whether Smith has wasted his talent here with the word NO. if anything, I think he has made the most of his opportunties and maximized his potential in a Panther uni.

I disagree with those quote on a few years that Jake either was hurt or played poorly.

2006: O Line goes down, Dan Henning can't put together a decent game and Jake plays below average football Steve is still the best offensive weapon in the NFL

2007: Jake gets hurt

2009: Jake is ungodly horrible

2010: An obvious waste as well

Those four seasons will cost Steve Smith the HOF IMO. I also feel having a decent number two would've helped instead of hurt his numbers, like in 08 when he and Moose were back together..

#82 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Post Draught Hangover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

How is this thread still on the front page?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.