Photo
- - - - -

Josh Gordon (2012 NFL Supplemental Draft)

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

Poll: 2012 NFL Supplemental Draft: Josh Flash Gordon (86 member(s) have cast votes)

(2012 NFL Supplemental Draft) What round would you take Josh "Flash Gordon in?

1. 1st Round Pick (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 2nd Round Pick (4 votes [4.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.65%

3. 4th Round Pick (22 votes [25.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.58%

4. Voted 5th Round Pick (17 votes [19.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.77%

5. 6th Round Pick (14 votes [16.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.28%

6. 7th Round Pick (6 votes [6.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.98%

7. Wouldn't Draft Him (23 votes [26.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.74%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,642 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

My Josh Gordon Write-Up (I thought this would be a refreshing topic)

The 2012 NFL Supplemental Draft will be held this Thursday at 1:00 P.M. and like every year there is at least one prospect that draws some attention from NFL scouts.

This year that prospect is 6'3, 220 pound, wide receiver Josh "Flash" Gordon. Gordon is a tall and speedy wide out who stretches the field similar to former Baylor Bear wide receiver turned Carolina Panther, David Gettis.

Gordon's 40 time has been clocked in the low 4.3's and with speed like that he compares to former Georgia Tech wide receiver Stephen Hill who was taken in the second round of the 2012 NFL Draft by the New York Jets. The difference between Hill and Gordon is that Gordon is much more polished and not nearly as raw as Hill.

Gordon was set to play for the Utah Utes after transferring from Baylor in 2010. However, Gordon decided to forgo his senior year at Utah and enter the 2012 NFL Supplemental Draft.

In the 2010-2011 College Football Season, Josh "Flash" Gordon recorded 42 receptions for 714 yards (17.0 average) and 7 touchdowns including a 94 yarder against Kansas that really displays his overall speed (see below).

t

Gordon has been graded by some as a high round prospect who has the ability to come in and immediately see the field and potentially start. One NFC team has even given Josh Gordon a third round grade.

Josh has drawn comparisons from Justin Blackmon to Dez Bryant, to Chad Ochocinco, even drawing one comparison to Randy Moss.

The downside is "Flash" Gordon's immaturity and insecurity. Gordon has been cited for two marijuana related incidents and one credit/debit card related arrest which required Gordon to pay a $2,000 bond. Gordon was was benched once for the first quarter of a Baylor game, suspended from the team a second time, and then suspended indefinitely for violating team rules.

Utah decided to give Josh a second chance, but after sitting out the 2011-2012 season to comply with NCAA rules of a transfer, "Flash" Gordon has decided to enter the 2012 NFL Supplemental Draft.

With that said, would you spend a pick on Josh "Flash" Gordon in the NFL Supplemental Draft and if so what round would it be?

Here is a parting gift for reading...

Note: As part of the poll, we do not have a third round pick as it was traded to the San Francisco 49ers so we could take Frank Alexander.

Also, feel free to give me some feedback. Criticism or praise is accepted, after-all; we're all part of the Panthers family.

Full List of Supplemental Draft Prospects
Josh "Flash" Gordon- Wide Receiver, Baylor/Utah
Houston Tuminello- Wide Receiver, McMurray/Louisiana Tech
Ed Wesley- Running Back, Texas Christian
Adam Harris- Full Back, Syracuse
Adrian Haughton- Offensive Tackle, Iowa State
Montez Robinson- Defensive End, Georgia
Larry Lumpkin- Linebacker, Carson-Newman
Quaylon Ewing-Burton- Cornerback, Boise State

#2 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:37 PM

My Josh Gordon Write-Up (I thought this would be a refreshing topic)

The downside is "Flash" Gordon's immaturity and insecurity. Gordon has been cited for two marijuana related incidents and one credit/debit card related arrest which required Gordon to pay a $2,000 bond. Gordon was was benched once for the first quarter of a Baylor game, suspended from the team a second time, and then suspended indefinitely for violating team rules.

Utah decided to give Josh a second chance, but after sitting out the 2011-2012 season to comply with NCAA rules of a transfer, "Flash" Gordon has decided to enter the 2012 NFL Supplemental draft

No thanks.

#3 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:39 PM

No thanks.

I thought that might scare some people away, however he has been clean since last October.

#4 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,559 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:46 PM

I read something, somewhere (yes I understand this is very here-say) that we would be a good FIT for him, which just meant the writer had no real knowledge of the Panthers situation, just couldn't name a receiver outside Steve Smith. Highly doubt we'd get him, unless it was for an absolute bargain, and Hurney and co. aren't confident in Gettis' knee at all.

#5 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

I thought that might scare some people away, however he has been clean since last October.

More about the habitual fug ups than anything. That parts sreams " I'm a dumbass".

#6 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

Lol, I see where you are coming from; but I tend to refrain from the "once a dumb-poo, always a dumb-poo" mentality" because that can sometimes limit who you will and will not look at for your franchise.

Character is something that is highly important to me but I also look heavily into the talent and back ground of a player. Talent wise, there may be none better than Gordon in the 2012 NFL Draft. Baylor officials actually came out and said that they preferred Gordon over Kendall Wright during each of their tenure's at Baylor.

One thing to note is that Gordon was arrested along with another Baylor student-athlete, this tends to indicate to me that it could simply be a case of being involved with the wrong crowd.

The only thing I will actually have a problem with is people that were for Janoris Jenkins being against Josh Gordon.

#7 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,742 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

If he lasts to the fifth, take him. We're already out a third again next draft, we need those second and fourth rounders. Second round is far too high a risk for someone with that extensive of a history anyways.

#8 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,651 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

Why would we need to spend a draft pick on another receiver???? Particularly one with issues????

Seriously???? What is the likelihood that he would even make the team.

#9 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:12 PM

The kid should've went on to Utah and played a season, to prove himself. I wouldn't be shocked if noone drafted him, even with his abilities

#10 GolfRasta

GolfRasta

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • LocationPinehurst

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

Why not throw a 6th or 7th round bid at him? We have 2 vets that are former Utes that would make sure this guy is headed in the right direction.

#11 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:16 PM

The full list of players in the 2012 NFL Supplemental Draft is listed at the bottom of the post for anyone's curiosity.

#12 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,551 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:16 PM

i would for a 6th or 7th rounder.the talent is there.

#13 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,448 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:18 PM

Why would we need to spend a draft pick on another receiver???? Particularly one with issues????

He is a pretty big guy with speed. People fawn over these types. Nothing new, nothing to see, keep it moving.

#14 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:18 PM

100%, you will be surprised at what Gordon can do when he has his head on straight.

#15 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:19 PM

The kid should've went on to Utah and played a season, to prove himself. I wouldn't be shocked if noone drafted him, even with his abilities

He'll be drafted, the Browns, Dolphins and at least one NFC team (unnamed) have shown a high volume of interest in Gordon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com