Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

RIP Cooter...

254 posts in this topic

great pics....great memories....I was at some of those tailgates....I promise!!!

I thought Robert Irvine was there to film a show called Tailgate Impossible

We definitely need to have a special tailgate dedicated to him...preferably a 4 o'clock game so i don't have to start drinking so early. I am no longer the young lass I once was :)

4 people like this

We definitely need to have a special tailgate dedicated to him...preferably a 4 o'clock game so i don't have to start drinking so early. I am no longer the young lass I once was :)

I'll bring the hotdog.

I love the fact that he wore camo to some games.

Fuggin JR's shirt is a damn trip.

Cooter is in the black shirt on the bottom with the camo hat on. And Zod said earlier in the thread that Cooter was not Get Some Guy. Cooter was much younger than that guy (I googled him and saw his age listed as 52). I'm betting that Cooter wasn't even 40 yet.....or if he was, he was early 40's.

He would have been 39 on Halloween...

I am sad. Shocked. Frustrated my job now blocks the huddle so I am limited in being able to say anything. Cooter was one of the first folks I met at the Huddle and was quick to make friends with anyone. I have not been to a tailgate in years but I will make a special trip down. RIP COOTER. It will be a different place without you.

It is awesome to see so many of the old huddlers showing up for the first time in ages.

He and I would often be the first ones there like Alvarez and I do now. He would bring his stuff and I would bring mine. He would handle the drinking and I would do a lot of the cooking. We would try to be the first to call the other on Sunday with, "It's gameday bitch!" Sometimes I would stay up til 12:01am Sunday to do it first.

3 people like this

Have y'all picked a new lot yet? They went and put a park in the old one.

It'll be somewhere around that one in the vicinity. Wherever DJ Jimmy goes, I tag along because he saves guaranteed spots for us every week, and it will be a lot that has few rules and EARLY opening times.

I knew the quieter side of Cooter. I remember sitting out in his back hard drinking a few while discussing marriage, raising boys, etc. He had his personal demons just like all of us do. There is no doubt in my mind that Sport had a good and loving heart. If there is a just god and a heaven, he is surely there now waiting on us to crack another one open.

Damn you stirring up a sand storm in my apartment. I hate how my eyes get watery when sand gets in them.

I remember the time Ranucci did the whole hog and he walked behind it and pretended to bang it.

I can also remember when we used to have kegs and he was always willing to help a girl up for a keg stand.

1 person likes this