Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP Cooter...

254 posts in this topic

Posted

he's got his "Ron Mexico" hat in that picture. I believe I still have mine.

I still have mine! Well I did until 6 weeks ago but think it's still in my stuff at my house in Charlotte. I actually wore it doing yardening and then thought it may not be the most PC thing to do but it served purpose when most of my stuff to move was being packed.

Those were fun times.

Posted

I can also remember when we used to have kegs and he was always willing to help a girl up for a keg stand.

Once upon a time there were pictures of that around here..................

2 people like this

Posted

I'm still in shock over this. Cooter was a great guy. Very fun loving and friendly. He would make sure you were having a good time at the tailgates. He was the type of guy who just hit it off with everyone.

RIP my friend.

I'm praying and my whole church is praying for the friends and loved ones you left behind. Specially your boys.

Posted

Here are the ones I have.

post-34-0-13505600-1341976762_thumb.jpg

post-34-0-53168000-1341977029_thumb.jpg

post-34-0-93747000-1341977101_thumb.jpg

post-34-0-08831100-1341977198_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Can anyone say if it was an illness or not? I just find it troubling to know how appreciated he was by so many here, had young children who are now without a dad, and was still so young.

Posted

Oh gosh Robin - who was it that photshopped that second one into all kinds of photos - it was hilarious. And I love that 1st one.

Posted

Can anyone say if it was an illness or not? I just find it troubling to know how appreciated he was by so many here, had young children who are now without a dad, and was still so young.

I'll repeat this again (said it in an earlier post) but he had spent the whole weekend with his kids and hung out with family Sunday nite. Went back to his house late Sunday and pretty much went to bed. His gf found him unresponsive Monday morning when she woke up.

You just never know I guess when its your time. Seems like I remember a prominent tailgater who was loved and well known who tailgated on the backside of the stadium who died suddenly at 41 or so just a few years ago.

Posted

I'll repeat this again (said it in an earlier post) but he had spent the whole weekend with his kids and hung out with family Sunday nite. Went back to his house late Sunday and pretty much went to bed. His gf found him unresponsive Monday morning when she woke up.

You just never know I guess when its your time. Seems like I remember a prominent tailgater who was loved and well known who tailgated on the backside of the stadium who died suddenly at 41 or so just a few years ago.

Yep, Pantherfanz? Something like that. Life sucks sometimes.

Posted

:(

Posted

Didn't know the man, but sounds like a good one... RIP.

Posted

Wow, sorry for having you rehash it mush, I hadn't seen it anywhere in the thread. That's crazy and really sad. I thought it had to have been an accident or something because he wasn't that old. God be with his loved ones and friends at this time.

Posted

Wow-- Would have never expected this... And am at a loss for words.... RIP Cooter.... Damn....