253 replies to this topic

#136 sharkkiller

sharkkiller

Inconceivable

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,411 posts
  • LocationSanto Domingo

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:18 AM

Has anyone found out what happened? I haven't seen any answer to the question. I haven't seen him in a few years, but he was at every tailgate I was able to attend, and was great fun to hang out with.

#137 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,247 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

I met him once at a tailgate. I never really got to know him, but RIP.

#138 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,681 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:35 AM

Wow... looking back at those pic Monkeybutt...

I forgot everyone used to think I was Cooter until they got to know us. haha

You were NEVER as cool as Cooter. :lol:

#139 Alverez

Alverez

Hold my beer, and check this out!!

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,354 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:06 PM

You were NEVER as cool as Cooter. :lol:

I know this.. but drunken people at Tailgates that didn't "know" either of us thought so. LOL

#140 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,681 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

I know this.. but drunken people at Tailgates that didn't "know" either of us thought so. LOL

Just because I was drunk did not mean I did not know the difference.....you were the one with the Blue Hair. Cooter was too cool for Blue Hair. :P

#141 zebrainz

zebrainz

Puddytats

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

Vivid memories...

1. Signed up as a (paid) huddle member just before the 2004 draft. I was a big nascar fan back then. The first thread I opened in that forum, I was greeted with this avatar (cooter started that thread).

Posted Image

2. Possibly the hardest I've laughed at a huddle post. 3 simple words in an oh-so-serious subforum. "I found it!" in Zod's old Lost forum. Pretty good insight into his e-personna.

Not really a tailgater, I usually park cheap at the western end of Moorhead. Met him once in the east end zone at Fan Fest '04, along with many other huddle 'legends' (clayJ, ladyvamp, squirrel, ladypanther, gregP701?, Alverez? and a 'highlighted' Johnny Rockets). This was just before clayJ's homophobic meltdown/exit.

Good guy from what little I knew of him, he will be missed.

RIP Cooter

Recognized a lot of names in this thread, good to see most all of them, except under these circumstances

Artist formerly known as bryonez.

#142 Jai.

Jai.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:16 PM

RIP

Sad to hear!

#143 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,965 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:18 PM

Not really a tailgater, I usually park cheap at the western end of Moorhead. Met him once in the east end zone at Fan Fest '04, along with many other huddle 'legends' (clayJ, ladyvamp, squirrel, ladypanther, gregP701?, Alverez? and a 'highlighted' Johnny Rockets). This was just before clayJ's homophobic meltdown/exit.

Good guy from what little I knew of him, he will be missed.

RIP Cooter

Recognized a lot of names in this thread, good to see most all of them, except under these circumstances

Artist formerly known as bryonez.

Man, that list brings back some memories as well. Some memorable posters.

#144 Moonshine

Moonshine

Formerly bigcat

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:25 PM

I think Cooter was the first person that I ever met directly from the Huddle. I remember him coming over to my house and spending the Fourth of July just after we first met. He was at my house just a couple weeks ago and spoke by phone twice last week. I considered him to be a good friend and have really been heart broken the last couple days. Every time I start feeling sad, I think about something crazy he did and it brings a smile to my face. Here are a couple examples...

Upon returning from a hunting trip with Cooter, I was showing my wife all the pictures from the week. About half way through the slide show a picture popped up on the screen that I did not know was there. It seems that Cooter had stolen my camera and captured a wonderful full screen shot of his naked hairy ass. I think that was the last time my wife let me go hunting with Cooter. :D

And then there was the time in Maine that we left Cooter behind at the rental cabin while we went into town for some groceries. As we pulled into the drive of the cabins, Cooter was standing out in front wearing nothing (and I mean nothing) but his rifle over his shoulder. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard.

He was a good guy and the life of the party. I'll miss him until I get to see him again.

#145 Alverez

Alverez

Hold my beer, and check this out!!

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,354 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

Just because I was drunk did not mean I did not know the difference.....you were the one with the Blue Hair. Cooter was too cool for Blue Hair. :P

I didn't wear that blue hair until like 2007 I think... I'm talking like 05-06 time.

#146 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,142 posts
  • Location704

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:02 PM

Which one in that picture is Cooter?

That one dude in the Peppers' jersey may want to lay off the chicken wings for a couple years.

Also, the huddle elders can confirm that Cooter was not Get Some Guy from WFNZ?

Sucks to lose a friend, my buddies dad died last week and it sucks. RIP.

#147 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:15 PM

Cooter is in the black shirt on the bottom with the camo hat on. And Zod said earlier in the thread that Cooter was not Get Some Guy. Cooter was much younger than that guy (I googled him and saw his age listed as 52). I'm betting that Cooter wasn't even 40 yet.....or if he was, he was early 40's.

#148 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,894 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:35 PM

When I met him a few years back, I thought he was about my age, late 30' s.

#149 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,155 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:43 PM

Check out picture[s] from the album Panther Games on the Share site Ode to Cooter.
Click this link to see the picture[s]:
http://odetocooter.shutterfly.com/4

Wow...that goes way back. Hard to believe that is how all this began. 8 or so people at a tailgate many years ago. (BTW..one with a very awesome "Panther's Suck" shirt).

Cooter was a big part of what this site and the tailgates have grown to today that is for sure. Damn, I'm gonna miss him.

#150 CatScratchFever

CatScratchFever

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

I do not post much here anymore, but I had to post in this thread. This was very shocking news to see.

Cooter was the 1st Huddle member that I ever met. He reached out to me and wanted to meet up at a game in 04 I think. We shared a couple of beers and a few laughs. I ran in to him a few times out and about and we would always talk about the Panthers.

I am truly at a loss for words at this news. RIP Cooter. I'll raise a cold one up for you at the next Panthers game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com