#197 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,883 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:41 PM

I love the fact that he wore camo to some games.

Fuggin JR's shirt is a damn trip.

#198 Monkeybutt

Monkeybutt

Huddle Monkey

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:52 PM

Cooter is in the black shirt on the bottom with the camo hat on. And Zod said earlier in the thread that Cooter was not Get Some Guy. Cooter was much younger than that guy (I googled him and saw his age listed as 52). I'm betting that Cooter wasn't even 40 yet.....or if he was, he was early 40's.

He would have been 39 on Halloween...

#199 5158Poundin

5158Poundin

Here Kitty Kitty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:53 PM

I am sad. Shocked. Frustrated my job now blocks the huddle so I am limited in being able to say anything. Cooter was one of the first folks I met at the Huddle and was quick to make friends with anyone. I have not been to a tailgate in years but I will make a special trip down. RIP COOTER. It will be a different place without you.

It is awesome to see so many of the old huddlers showing up for the first time in ages.

#200 mush

mush

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

He and I would often be the first ones there like Alvarez and I do now. He would bring his stuff and I would bring mine. He would handle the drinking and I would do a lot of the cooking. We would try to be the first to call the other on Sunday with, "It's gameday bitch!" Sometimes I would stay up til 12:01am Sunday to do it first.

#201 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,883 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

Have y'all picked a new lot yet? They went and put a park in the old one.

#202 mush

mush

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:38 PM

It'll be somewhere around that one in the vicinity. Wherever DJ Jimmy goes, I tag along because he saves guaranteed spots for us every week, and it will be a lot that has few rules and EARLY opening times.

#203 CosmoGirl

CosmoGirl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:44 PM

I knew the quieter side of Cooter. I remember sitting out in his back hard drinking a few while discussing marriage, raising boys, etc. He had his personal demons just like all of us do. There is no doubt in my mind that Sport had a good and loving heart. If there is a just god and a heaven, he is surely there now waiting on us to crack another one open.

Damn you stirring up a sand storm in my apartment. I hate how my eyes get watery when sand gets in them.

#204 mush

mush

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:54 PM

I remember the time Ranucci did the whole hog and he walked behind it and pretended to bang it.

I can also remember when we used to have kegs and he was always willing to help a girl up for a keg stand.

#205 CosmoGirl

CosmoGirl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:57 PM

he's got his "Ron Mexico" hat in that picture. I believe I still have mine.

I still have mine! Well I did until 6 weeks ago but think it's still in my stuff at my house in Charlotte. I actually wore it doing yardening and then thought it may not be the most PC thing to do but it served purpose when most of my stuff to move was being packed.

Those were fun times.

#206 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

I can also remember when we used to have kegs and he was always willing to help a girl up for a keg stand.

Once upon a time there were pictures of that around here..................

#207 stwall

stwall

Jesus Freak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

I'm still in shock over this. Cooter was a great guy. Very fun loving and friendly. He would make sure you were having a good time at the tailgates. He was the type of guy who just hit it off with everyone.

RIP my friend.

I'm praying and my whole church is praying for the friends and loved ones you left behind. Specially your boys.

#208 CosmoGirl

CosmoGirl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:29 PM

Here are the ones I have.

Attached Files

#209 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,210 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:03 AM

Can anyone say if it was an illness or not? I just find it troubling to know how appreciated he was by so many here, had young children who are now without a dad, and was still so young.

#210 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:02 AM

Oh gosh Robin - who was it that photshopped that second one into all kinds of photos - it was hilarious. And I love that 1st one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.