• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

#211 mush

mush

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:29 AM

Can anyone say if it was an illness or not? I just find it troubling to know how appreciated he was by so many here, had young children who are now without a dad, and was still so young.

I'll repeat this again (said it in an earlier post) but he had spent the whole weekend with his kids and hung out with family Sunday nite. Went back to his house late Sunday and pretty much went to bed. His gf found him unresponsive Monday morning when she woke up.

You just never know I guess when its your time. Seems like I remember a prominent tailgater who was loved and well known who tailgated on the backside of the stadium who died suddenly at 41 or so just a few years ago.

#212 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,655 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:49 AM

I'll repeat this again (said it in an earlier post) but he had spent the whole weekend with his kids and hung out with family Sunday nite. Went back to his house late Sunday and pretty much went to bed. His gf found him unresponsive Monday morning when she woke up.

You just never know I guess when its your time. Seems like I remember a prominent tailgater who was loved and well known who tailgated on the backside of the stadium who died suddenly at 41 or so just a few years ago.

Yep, Pantherfanz? Something like that. Life sucks sometimes.

#213 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:09 AM

:(

#214 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,365 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:16 AM

Didn't know the man, but sounds like a good one... RIP.

#215 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,288 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:12 AM

Wow, sorry for having you rehash it mush, I hadn't seen it anywhere in the thread. That's crazy and really sad. I thought it had to have been an accident or something because he wasn't that old. God be with his loved ones and friends at this time.

#216 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you???

• HUDDLER
  • 5,073 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:10 AM

Wow-- Would have never expected this... And am at a loss for words.... RIP Cooter.... Damn....

#217 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

Was that Joker? I remember him from a board I posted on before I found the huddle.

#218 stwall

stwall

Jesus Freak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:12 AM

Wow! First I have heard of what happened. It just tears my heart up all over again.

#219 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you???

• HUDDLER
  • 5,073 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:17 AM

Dude always reminded me of the poster child of a good old country boy......

#220 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,506 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

Dude always reminded me of the poster child of a good old country boy......

He was definitely a fun-loving, beer-drinking redneck.....my kind of guy.

I still remember the tailgate where he got really wasted....he was there with his girlfriend. A discussion about professional wrestling came up and he was going to demonstrate a move on her. He damn near dropped her on her head.

#221 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you???

• HUDDLER
  • 5,073 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

He was definitely a fun-loving, beer-drinking redneck.....my kind of guy.

I still remember the tailgate where he got really wasted....he was there with his girlfriend. A discussion about professional wrestling came up and he was going to demonstrate a move on her. He damn near dropped her on her head.

LOL-- he was always having fun... I KNOW i have some pics from some tailgates.. Im going to have to dig them up and post them later on.... Fun dude for sure...

Sucks....

#222 Monkeybutt

Monkeybutt

Huddle Monkey

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

Here are the ones I have.

Cooter is in the black shirt on the bottom with the camo hat on. And Zod said earlier in the thread that Cooter was not Get Some Guy. Cooter was much younger than that guy (I googled him and saw his age listed as 52). I'm betting that Cooter wasn't even 40 yet.....or if he was, he was early 40's.

Here are the ones I have.

Coot dancing is my fave photo!

#223 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,738 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

Yep he was one of the Pantherfanz guys. It was more than a few years ago though. A friend of mine and a poster on this site recently married the widow. Both are great people.

#224 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,306 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

Joker/Pantherfanz was named Marc Stanton. He traveled often to Panther away games and was seen frequently during the 2002 season with the sign "Repeete Victory".

In that fantastic photo after the blocked kick in week 2 of the 03 season, Marc was the lone Panther fan cheering in the midst of a sea of Buc fans in utter disbelief.

#225 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,975 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

In that fantastic photo after the blocked kick in week 2 of the 03 season, Marc was the lone Panther fan cheering in the midst of a sea of Buc fans in utter disbelief.

Great game! Smitty has been my favorite player every since that kick return.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com