• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

#241 mush

mush

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:21 PM

Hey Hawk and Bo.....I was looking at the schedule and I saw the Seahawks game is a Sunday 4pm in early October. I think that would be a perfect tribute tailgate opportunity. I'll talk to his two younger brothers and offer them my tickets to the game and see if they'll come....hell maybe even his mom and step dad. With the 4 pm start time it will give us many more hours to converse, tailgate, etc. Maybe we can even call it a Huddle reunion tailgate. October 7th shouldn't be too hot but whatever.

But instead of donations going to Toys for Tots we can give it to his two kids. I think they're starting up a fund for them and it would all fit into a great day. Sound good?

#242 PntherPryd

PntherPryd

Relic

• Moderators
  • 2,080 posts
  • LocationWilmington

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:26 PM

We were definitely at both, I know you scored the ticket for me at the Pats game and I think that is where the stump was born!?! The Saints* game was a little earlier. Either way, good times!

#243 LifeisaGarden

LifeisaGarden

Bitchassness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:35 PM

I'm just so sorry to hear about this. I don't even know what to say. Thoughts and prayers sent.

#244 Alverez

Alverez

Hold my beer, and check this out!!

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,425 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

Hey Hawk and Bo.....I was looking at the schedule and I saw the Seahawks game is a Sunday 4pm in early October. I think that would be a perfect tribute tailgate opportunity. I'll talk to his two younger brothers and offer them my tickets to the game and see if they'll come....hell maybe even his mom and step dad. With the 4 pm start time it will give us many more hours to converse, tailgate, etc. Maybe we can even call it a Huddle reunion tailgate. October 7th shouldn't be too hot but whatever.

But instead of donations going to Toys for Tots we can give it to his two kids. I think they're starting up a fund for them and it would all fit into a great day. Sound good?

This sounds so perfect!!

#245 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • 2,098 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:38 PM

RIP Cooter. I remember some of his posts. Those were good days on here. I could do late night then. Been too long since I got to a Huddle tailgate. Remember JR & Zod & 9Lives best. lol Johnny says to me, "I thought you were a guy!" lol

I used to have that blocked kick pic as a wallpaper.

I'd like to see that picture again if it's possible. I'd like to make a poster out of it.

Do you think you could find it. Thanks.

Well guys, I have this one.

Attached Files

#246 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:56 PM

Someone ask TheBrain on ThisBoardRocks if he still has it. It was his avatar for like 2 years when I used to post back there. You might have to wait a while for him to explain how smart he is and how UNCC is a well-respected academic institution first though.

#247 sunbunny

sunbunny

• HUDDLER
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:11 AM

I do remember your dad,and the shrimp gumbo so maybe I'm getting confused, or maybe we did it at both. But I distinctly remember taping a Saints** t-shirt to the pavement. mostly because I paid for it and left it there to go watch the game. When Saints** fans would walk by, we'd ask them to wipe their feet and it was hilarious when they realized it was a saint T they were wiping them on..... (noone ever claimed Saints** fans were geniuses). Cooter at one point halfway dropped his drawers and faked taking a dump on the shirt to rousing applause.

I remember that. Wasn't CarolinaGamecock there, too? It was one of the very first tailgates we ever went to. I want to say it was in the old lot.

#248 KaseKlosed

KaseKlosed

@CMackMost

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:29 AM

PEACE COOTER. I MET YOU TWICE AND WE DIDNT LIKE EACH OTHER AT FIRST, BUT WE BECAME FRIENDS IN THE LONG RUN!!! YOU ARE IN THE NEXT STAGE AND WE LOVE YA BRO!!! PEACE!!!!!

#249 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • 2,152 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:02 AM

RIP Cooter. Does anyone know his age or cause of death?

#250 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,190 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:32 AM

I'd be tickled pink if we could do it for the Seahawks game and I'd be more than happy to co-sponsor with you Bo

I am in for helping sponsor a tribute tailgate (as well as my usual game sponsorship).

Any excess funds from the sponsors and donations should definitely go to his kids.

#251 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,847 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:49 AM

I think that sounds perfect!

#252 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,847 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:50 AM

RIP Cooter. Does anyone know his age or cause of death?

38 and unknown at this time.

#253 CosmoGirl

CosmoGirl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:07 PM

I know I don't post on here much but I would gladly sponsor the Cooter tribute tailgate this year. I loved the guy and he would have given the nod for this. Pick the home game weekend and lets do it. Once again, if you didn't know him you were short changed in this life. Great guy gone too quick.

I'd recommend the Seahawks game since I'm sure Hawk and Jester will be in town.

#254 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:21 AM

thanks Cosmo!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com