#121 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,278 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:07 AM

I never got to meet him, but I enjoyed his posts in my earlier huddle days. I've missed his presence for a while, and it sucks that its now permanent.

#122 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:17 AM

Wow monkeybutt I had forgotten how long ago we were in that old gravel lot. There were so many huddle tailgates and such the craziest stuff would happen. I used to bring a few dozen eggs to the tailgate and we would throw them at opposing fans. One time me, Northern Hawk, and Cooter went to Dixie's downtown and we told people NH was an NHL player. He was one of those people that knew everybody at a party by the end of the nite.

One time I was drunk wearing a Santa suit in the stadium and I handed this Giants fan (we were playing the Giants that day) a lump of coal and he reported me to security....security took my coal but cooter went up there and double stiff armed that SOB up about two rows and the little fuger rolled down the aisle. Security threw both of them out. So many more stories...

good lord that was a great night out!!! good times for sure. Pretty sure it was Cooter's Steve Smith jersey I wore to one of my first Panther games...my Hawk buddies still give me poo for that!!!

#123 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,874 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:26 AM

Rip

#124 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,027 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:50 AM

Still in total shock....when things went really bad for me not too long ago, there were two people that kept me sane and in check with reality and he was one of them. Some of the deepest conversations about relationships, kids,and life in general I ever had were with him. That's the guy that I will never forget, but damn he could make me laugh like no other also.

Just a couple months ago we were kicking around the idea of getting a place together and being great dads on the weekends we had our kids and raising Hell on the weekends that we didn't. The idea of that scared the sh*t out of us....lol.

So many of us have so many great stories with him because that is the type of guy he was.....sure am going to miss him.

R.I,P my friend.

#125 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:06 AM

I remember him from the early days. Always wondered what happened to him. Sorry to hear. RIP

#126 PntherPryd

PntherPryd

Relic

• Moderators
  • 1,713 posts
  • LocationWilmington

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

Thinking of cooter and his family. And that includes this family.

#127 mintal

mintal

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:14 AM

Man this sucks! RIP sir...

#128 Ms.Skyy

Ms.Skyy

Quit f'ing with my title.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:19 AM

I am heart broken. I still don't know what to say, feel, or think. I just spoke to him about 2 months ago. It's just so unbelievable.
Rest in Peace Steve. Wub you.

#129 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

Just an example of a random email I would get from out of the blue from him from time to time, always made me laugh...

I have been referred to you by one of your wedding
clients. I have seen your work and am very impressed.
I am in need of your photography services. I have a
very hairy ass and tant and would like for you to take
pictures of the area so I can use the photos to shave
my ass crack. Can you please give me a price on the
project?

Thanks
Hairy

#130 Ms.Skyy

Ms.Skyy

Quit f'ing with my title.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:46 AM

Just an example of a random email I would get from out of the blue from him from time to time, always made me laugh...

:D Awesome!

#131 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:48 AM

What hapened to him and how old was Cooter?

RIP

#132 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,027 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:58 AM

That is great....I always loved the random fake voicemails he would leave at 3am or God forbid if you opened up a text that had a pic attached there was no telling what you would see.

#133 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:58 AM

I must be the one person he didn't like. Tried talking to him a few times at tailgates but we never clicked. I know from all the good that's said about Cooter that he was a good man though.

My heart goes out to his family and all of you here that were close to him.

#134 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,884 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:01 AM

I am heart broken. I still don't know what to say, feel, or think. I just spoke to him about 2 months ago. It's just so unbelievable.
Rest in Peace Steve. Wub you.

It was the banter back and forth between you two in the lounge that lured me into that crazy place. I went from a couple of posts a week in the football forum to spending a good portion of my days and evenings on the Huddle lounge. Can't believe that was 6-7 years ago.

#135 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

• HUDDLER
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationGreenville, NC

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:12 AM

Met him at my first Huddle tailgate. Told him I was in the Coast Guard and he told me he was a Coast Guard veteran and we talked about that quite a bit. Very sorry to hear that he passed. He seemed like a real good guy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.