#16 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,448 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

Lol, I know. I'm just giving you a hard time.

#17 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

Oh, and if the Nets pull this off, their luxury tax bill is going to be astronomical once the 3x tax kicks in. For as much as they will complain, small market teams are gonna be making straight cash off this deal

#18 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,961 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:29 PM

How is Brooklyn doing anything wrong here? They traded for Derron, traded (and significantly overpaid) for Wallace, traded for Joe Johnson's contract (bigger than the player), and now they are trying to trade for Dwight. If anything they built their team more like the Celtics than the Heat

Obviously Dwight is the most significant piece and they certainly aren't trading fair value, but the Magic is about to get a hell of a lot more for Dwight than the Cavs got for Lebron.

Plus, that 2017 Nets 1st rounder could end up being a very nice pick- they are old

The difference is that LeBron was a FA, Dwight is under contract. Hell the deal the Lakers got for an old worn out Shaq from the Heat was miles better then this garbage. Just go to any Magic forum to see what they think of this "deal". Oh and if it goes through, the Bobcats can kiss the #1 pick GOODBYE....

#19 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

The difference is that LeBron was a FA, Dwight is under contract. Hell the deal the Lakers got for an old worn out Shaq from the Heat was miles better then this garbage. Just go to any Magic forum to see what they think of this "deal". Oh and if it goes through, the Bobcats can kiss the #1 pick GOODBYE....

The Magic are perfectly free to say no and let Dwight walk. Though that would cost them millions of dollars, picks, and a couple decent young players

#20 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,961 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:32 PM

The Magic are perfectly free to say no and let Dwight walk. Though that would cost them millions of dollars, picks, and a couple decent young players

So are you saying that Brook Lopez on a max deal is the best deal the Magic could get?? For God sakes they're not even dumping Hedo....

#21 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

So are you saying that Brook Lopez on a max deal is the best deal the Magic could get?? For God sakes they're not even dumping Hedo....

Brook Lopez isnt the most important part of the deal, but yeah at this point. If Bynum was on a longer contract I'm sure they would do that, but what else do they have?

I'm not saying I would do it if I were them (I would say fug you Dwight good luck finding a team with cap space next year), but I understand why they are looking at it. Though I think this is all so public right now because they are still shopping around for better offers

#22 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

Right now it is the best deal they can get, because Bynum has given them no indication that he would re-sign with them.

However, if Bynum comes out and says he will re-sign with the Magic in the next few weeks; then expect a Howard to LA move for Bynum, Steve Blake, and a 1st round pick.

#23 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,961 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:40 PM

Right now it is the best deal they can get, because Bynum has given them no indication that he would re-sign with them.

However, if Bynum comes out and says he will re-sign with the Magic in the next few weeks; then expect a Howard to LA move for Bynum, Steve Blake, and a 1st round pick.

Bynum hasn't said anything to ORL actually, the Magic beat writer said as much during their summer league game today. Also just like all players with an ETO, they lose money if they extend now as opposed to opting out and signing a new deal. Finally I have a hard time mr. "I don't care where I play, they have banks everywhere" would pass up the extra 30 million to sign with a team without his bird rights, same for D12 in LA or any other true contender....

#24 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:41 PM

The only problem that I could forsee that would hurt the Bobcats in this trade is I doubt Kris Humphries and/or Sundiata Gaines would agree to a sign and trade for the Bobcats.

That is one reason why I see the Cats landing MarShon Brooks before we could land Kris Humphries.

#25 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• HUDDLER
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

If the 'Cats land Marshon Brooks I bet its because they are shipping Henderson outta town. A scoring 2 to compliment a defensive and all-around SF..interesting.

#26 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:46 PM

Bynum hasn't said anything to ORL actually, the Magic beat writer said as much during their summer league game today. Also just like all players with an ETO, they lose money if they extend now as opposed to opting out and signing a new deal. Finally I have a hard time mr. "I don't care where I play, they have banks everywhere" would pass up the extra 30 million to sign with a team without his bird rights, same for D12 in LA or any other true contender....

That only hurts the Lakers not the Magic, as they can trade Howard wherever they want to.

Like I said, Bynum has given no indication that he would sign a long term contract with the Magic. If he comes out and says it, the Lakers will acquire Howard.

#27 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

If the 'Cats land Marshon Brooks I bet its because they are shipping Henderson outta town. A scoring 2 to compliment a defensive and all-around SF..interesting.

I would ship Reggie Williams out first lol, but either way Henderson's and Williams contracts are very small so they can easily facilitate a trade.

#28 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

Also, if the Magic trade Howard to the Lakers; they essentially crowned the 2012-2013 NBA Champions

PG- Steve Nash, Darius Morris
SG- Kobe Bryant, Christian Eyenga, Andrew Goudelock
SF- Metta World Peace, Devin Ebanks
PF- Pau Gasol, Josh McRoberts
C- Dwight Howard, Robert Sacre

No one can beat that.

#29 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,961 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

That only hurts the Lakers not the Magic, as they can trade Howard wherever they want to.

Like I said, Bynum has given no indication that he would sign a long term contract with the Magic. If he comes out and says it, the Lakers will acquire Howard.

So for a team that's obviously rebuilding its better to have a seven footer who is afraid to rebound locked up to a five year max deal and not even get to dump your worst contract....sorry, I don't buy that. The Lakers, and Hawks would be far better options, with e Rockets being by far the best if they're starting from scratch....

#30 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,659 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

Bonnell:

Rick Bonnell@rick_bonnell
I'm told the #Bobcats would be interested in Humphries if he signs a 1-year deal (vs. 4 years) Wouldn't have the same interest in Brooks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users