Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Phil Steele's NFL Predictions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

#61 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:56 AM

Yeah, I haven't seen it as I'm going to order the hard copy this year. It's just no where near as rewarding to sort through a massive .pdf file.

It's not so bad, you can open the Bookmarks side bar and jump to each of the teams and different sections instead of scrolling through the whole pdf.

#62 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:09 AM

It's not so bad, you can open the Bookmarks side bar and jump to each of the teams and different sections instead of scrolling through the whole pdf.

I got it last year as a .pdf. Just meh.

I think it has to do with the fact I work on a computer all day.

#63 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:15 AM

I got it last year as a .pdf. Just meh.

I think it has to do with the fact I work on a computer all day.

Yeah, same. I wanted the Kindle version but was too impatient to wait for it to be released. I'll probably be reading it on my iPad anyway.

#64 CatScratchFever

CatScratchFever

Keep Pounding

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:23 PM

I picked up Phil Steele's NFL preview this weekend at the grocery store. Like others have said, I love his college previews and this is the 1st time I have picked up the NFL version.

I find his analysis interesting and he had a lot of positive things to say about the Panthers. He had us listed as a team on the rise based on his "Yards Per Game " theory. Also listed as one of the 5 teams listed on the rise based on his "Close Losses" theory.

While I disagree with his overall rankings, he provides tons of data to look over. He provides solid reasoning behind his projections, even if we may not agree with them. Keep in mind, this magazine is targeted to those who like to wager on the games.

#65 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:50 PM

I picked up Phil Steele's NFL preview this weekend at the grocery store. Like others have said, I love his college previews and this is the 1st time I have picked up the NFL version.

I find his analysis interesting and he had a lot of positive things to say about the Panthers. He had us listed as a team on the rise based on his "Yards Per Game " theory. Also listed as one of the 5 teams listed on the rise based on his "Close Losses" theory.

While I disagree with his overall rankings, he provides tons of data to look over. He provides solid reasoning behind his projections, even if we may not agree with them. Keep in mind, this magazine is targeted to those who like to wager on the games.

This is entirely accurate. I should of made it more clear in my OP that Steele is basically a professional bookmaker and you will never see him do a show like NFL live.

Good post!

#66 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

Looks about right to me. Steele is pretty good at what he does.

#67 4Corners

4Corners

HUDDLER

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:21 PM

Looks about right to me. Steele is pretty good at what he does.

Then you better not read what he says about the redskins.

#68 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

Running back corps ranked above the panthers according to Phil Steele

10. Carolina
9. The fuging Cleveland Browns
8. 49ers
7. Bears
6. Ravens
5. Jags
4. KC
3. Titans
2. Texans
1. Vikes

Oh yeah, and for the fagskins troll Grits, he has their RB corps ranked DFL.

Overall I think he is putting an emphasis on who is getting the bulk of the work. Carolina has the best guys from top to bottom....he probably doesn't weigh the #2 and #3 option that highly in the equation. One ball, one RB generally on the field. We are a better scenario bc we can't take an injury and remain beastly....but that probably isn't how he is looking at it

I think that clearly impacted his top 6 or so. But there is some odd stuff there

#69 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

HUDDLER

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

Then you better not read what he says about the redskins.

Ha! Somewhere Grits is firing off a nasty email to Steele while bloviating his "hmm sounds about right" bullshit on here.

#70 4Corners

4Corners

HUDDLER

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

Overall I think he is putting an emphasis on who is getting the bulk of the work. Carolina has the best guys from top to bottom....he probably doesn't weigh the #2 and #3 option that highly in the equation. One ball, one RB generally on the field. We are a better scenario bc we can't take an injury and remain beastly....but that probably isn't how he is looking at it

I think that clearly impacted his top 6 or so. But there is some odd stuff there

He also gave us the #1 OL ranking. While flattering, I think most Panther fans would honestly disagree with this. Cam's mobility made the OL look better than it was.

#71 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:26 PM

He also gave us the #1 OL ranking. While flattering, I think most Panther fans would honestly disagree with this. Cam's mobility made the OL look better than it was.

I can't even guess how he came up w/ that....well, he probably looked at our ypc on the ground and Cam's rookie record and thought it could only occur w/ great OL play. Never been great in pass protection. Decent in the run game recently.

#72 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

JMO but.......if we have the #1 Oline you know damn well we'll be better than he has us rated for RB's and........

if our running game is working that good................. no way Cam is that bad.

doesn't make much sense.