Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chances Luke Kuechly Wins DROY?

Chances Luke Kuechly Wins DROY?   84 votes

1. 1. Chances Luke Kuechly Wins DROY?

• 10%
    • 30%
    • 50%
    • 70%
    • 90%
    • Without a Doubt
    • No Chance At All *I'm clearly a Saints* fan*

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

52 posts in this topic

Posted

Honestly I think Luke has a great chance at winning defensive rookie of the year. I couldn't think of anything more badass than drafting the OROY and then DROY this season.

1 person likes this

Posted

he's a lock if he plays mlb.

Posted

The defensive rookie of the year award is almost always won by a LB'er. If Kuechly continues being a tackling machine like in college then I could see him with around 140 tackles next season with 2 or 3 sacks. For any other position to win the award they have to basically have to put up insane stats for their position. To me their isn't another LB even close to Kuechly in the rookie field except for an unpredictable 3-4 LB who transitioned from DE in college.

Posted

10 of the last 12 DROYs have been linebackers.

yeah it's his to lose. he'll be getting plenty of action with our DTs up front.

Posted

I believe they are astronomical! I see Kuechly getting a lot of interceptions and forced fumbles. Not only is he strong, but as many have mentioned, he put up better numbers at the combine than Beason and Davis. He's almost as big as Urlacher, and can put up those kinds of numbers! I'm getting more and more excited to see him play this year.

Posted

It's sad to say but I think he will lose his chance if Anderson. Beason, and Davis stay healthy. It's going to take a someone getting hurt and him stepping up. We also have the possibility of Davis not playing at full speed.

Posted

Lets see where he plays and the defensive scheme before anointing him. I am his biggest fan but DROY is pretty premature at this point even for an off-season thread.

Posted

In my opinion, Kuechly has the best chance out of all the defensive players drafted to win the NFL's Defensive Rookie of the Year.

The player of the year awards are usually based on stats, and because of this Kuechly has a huge edge to win the DRY award. We all saw what he did at Boston College, recording a total of 516 tackle's in three seasons with the Eagles.

In my opinion, his main competition will be Fletcher Cox and Quinton Coples. Like I said before, most player of the year awards are given out based on stats. This really hurts players like Morris Claiborne and Mark Barron because these players can be avoided and even if there not, there stats will not be overwhelmingly high. At the end of the day Claiborne and Barron could have huge impacts on their games but due to their lack of statistics, I don't see either of them challenging Kuechly for the NFL's Defensive Rookie of the Year.

Note: I would also be interested to see if a team has ever had back to back 'Rookie of the Years' before. Could it be a first for the Panthers? (Newton and Kuechly)...

Posted

It's sad to say but I think he will lose his chance if Anderson. Beason, and Davis stay healthy. It's going to take a someone getting hurt and him stepping up. We also have the possibility of Davis not playing at full speed.

Keuchly will not ride the bench, If Davis is full speed JA is a backup, not fair but gotta have the best guys on the field imagine if we could keep Davis-Beason-Keuchly on the field for 16 games.

Posted

So you don't think he will start?? You must be true to your word and are making a sarcastic remark.

1 person likes this

Posted

1 in 32 ?

Posted

it will be him or the pass rusher with the most sacks