Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurb

Whats the deal with Cam charging for Autographs today?

192 posts in this topic

Considering what he was charging Mississippi State and Auburn for his signature, $200 is a pretty good deal.

0/10

I don't have a problem with them charging because I'm sure it deters people from pestering stars for autographs. I'd like to see the proceeds go to charity though.

I think it just cheapens the rep of the player. If my son (going to 9th grade, 6'1", ~200lbs, size 15 shoes) makes it to the pros in either football or basketball, I will tell him not to do these events.

I would pay $200 to have an authentic Cam Newton signature on my black elite #1 Jersey. Can you say "Put in case on man-cave wall and never touch again"?

Didn't even make it through all the responses.

But my reaction is simple gratitude that "this" is our big offseason controversy.

Everyone of us wants to make as much money as possible in this world. Why should anyone have a problem with people doing so as long as its legal?

Didn't Fowler's article say Brady, Manning all do it as well.....for more? Marty Ice of course for less

1 person likes this

As far as I know, and I know nothing, this is the first time I have ever heard about Cam and money in the same sentence in regards to autographs.

His Marketing Firm sent him there. He got paid. Fans and business folks alike got to actually meet Cam and get something signed. Sounds like Capitalism at its finest.

How dare he. Is that right?

I hope this is a misunderstanding because this makes Cam look bad in my eyes...I still love him as a Football player..but..man..

How dare he!? That's it, TRADE HIM!

Sometimes it makes my eyes bleed reading the manure that gets thrown around here.

Dumb move on his part. At least have a winning season first.

Dumb move on his part. At least have a winning season first.

should he have broken his contract so that we'd see "diva second year quarterback cam newton refuses to honor autograph session agreement" in the headlines?