Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Whats the deal with Cam charging for Autographs today?

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#91 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,233 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

Didn't Fowler's article say Brady, Manning all do it as well.....for more? Marty Ice of course for less

#92 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,266 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:35 PM

As far as I know, and I know nothing, this is the first time I have ever heard about Cam and money in the same sentence in regards to autographs.

His Marketing Firm sent him there. He got paid. Fans and business folks alike got to actually meet Cam and get something signed. Sounds like Capitalism at its finest.

How dare he. Is that right?

#93 Majestic87

Majestic87

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

I hope this is a misunderstanding because this makes Cam look bad in my eyes...I still love him as a Football player..but..man..

#94 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,167 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

How dare he!? That's it, TRADE HIM!

Sometimes it makes my eyes bleed reading the manure that gets thrown around here.

#95 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

Dumb move on his part. At least have a winning season first.

#96 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,536 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:18 PM

Dumb move on his part. At least have a winning season first.

should he have broken his contract so that we'd see "diva second year quarterback cam newton refuses to honor autograph session agreement" in the headlines?

#97 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,347 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

kind of dumb in my opinion but it sounds like it wasn't his decision. Who knows he may end up donating all the money he made today to a charity or something

#98 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,783 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:39 PM

dumb idea to make money by having willing fans/entrepreneurs/suckers come up and pay you to sign your name? wait until he has a winning season? meh....

#99 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,151 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

How dare he do a sixth paid autograph event!!!!!!

#100 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,902 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

should he have broken his contract so that we'd see "diva second year quarterback cam newton refuses to honor autograph session agreement" in the headlines?

No one would have crucified him for refusing to do any of these gigs if he did it because of principles. In fact, it probably would have endeared him to his fans even more.

People need to stop insinuating that people are overreacting when there is no overreaction...just a little distaste, which should be totally understandable.

#101 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,193 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

Considering what he was charging Mississippi State and Auburn for his signature, $200 is a pretty good deal.

You know you're a poo poster if you steal a joke from a PFT commenter.

#102 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,167 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:46 PM

Yeah guys what's Jake delhomme doing these days, I bet he would never do this.

#103 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,625 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:12 PM

I have read most of the responses here and wow most of you have no idea what the hell your talking about.

1st. Sports memorabilia is a multi million dollar business all NFL players sign stickers and football cards for large sums of money and they do this before they ever play a down in the NFL or attend a training camp.

2nd, Cam didn't invent this concept he is not the 1st nor will he be the last NFL player at any year of experience to have a signing that charges money.

3rd. WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!! The HATE ON CAM FOR THIS???? SERIOUSLY???? WTF?!!! and why are so many people here jealous of people that can afford these autos that you have to talk sh#t about them? Sorry you cant afford it so don't hate on the ones that can, It's my money.

This is what it will look like so many players in the NFL has done this one time or another....

Posted Image

Posted Image

#104 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,902 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:28 PM

I have read most of the responses here and wow most of you have no idea what the hell your talking about.

1st. Sports memorabilia is a multi million dollar business all NFL players sign stickers and football cards for large sums of money and they do this before they ever play a down in the NFL or attend a training camp.

2nd, Cam didn't invent this concept he is not the 1st nor will he be the last NFL player at any year of experience to have a signing that charges money.

3rd. WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!! The HATE ON CAM FOR THIS???? SERIOUSLY???? WTF?!!! and why are so many people here jealous of people that can afford these autos that you have to talk sh#t about them? Sorry you cant afford it so don't hate on the ones that can, It's my money.

This is what it will look like so many players in the NFL has done this one time or another....

Posted Image

Posted Image

America was fuged up in so many ways when I was coming up, but, then again, it was better in so many ways than it is today.

#105 DC Amp

DC Amp

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,377 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:29 PM

Damn if I'd pay him to sign anything for me. I like him and glad that he's the quarterback for our team but outside of that he's just another man to me. As long as he wears a Panther uniform...I'll cheer for him for free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.