Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Johnny Rockets

South Carolina Shark Surprise

51 posts in this topic

Lol, last year I was at Isle of Palms in SC sitting on the beach. Randomly, a guy I work with came hobbling up to me with his foot bleeding bad. He got nipped by a shark in waste deep water right on the beach with 100's of people around him in the water.... He freaked out, and ran out of the water screaming, and he said not one person got out of the water, lol.

WindJammer FTW

Its on your pole baby, keep reeling.

F that. Shark can have the damn fishing pole.

Would be interesting to see how long it took the shark to break the line/pole though. :)

The South Carolina coast is known for shark attacks but it's funny that most people ignore it or really don't know.

The South Carolina coast is known for shark attacks but it's funny that most people ignore it or really don't know.

It is not really known for it.....but it is in the top 10 places for shark attacks in the world (at #9). But that is only 65 attacks since 1837.....none of which have been fatal.

Surfing the inlet at new smyrna beach, I drifted into a large school of mullet and before I knew it multiple sharks were snapn fish all around me VERY much like the video xcept I was in the water and an arms legth a way. You cant get caught up thinking about it tooo much or you will never enjoy the ocean.

Cant wait for Shawk Week

Don't confuse a blue fish feeding frenzy with a shark attack...they can hurt and make you bleed just as easily as a little sand shark.

I'm sure Myrtle has a higher raw number of attacks because Myrtle is so freaking packed with people in the water.

Its on your pole baby, keep reeling.

F that. Shark can have the damn fishing pole.

Would be interesting to see how long it took the shark to break the line/pole though. :)

Got me too. What the heck were they thinking? :lol:

Got me too. What the heck were they thinking? :lol:

Pretty sure it broke the line immediately. That thing was 150-200 pounds....I don't think even if they'd had a wire leader at the hook it would've even held.

Went diving the other day and when I got home the girl friend was already showing me this.

They scare her to death.

I do get a little nervous when they follow you around knowing that you have dead fish in your dive bag from spear fishing.

Sometimes you have to just dump out the fish and move along to the bottom of the wreck.