• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#11 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:43 AM

There have been 5 shark "attacks" off MB this year. 4 in one day and 1 about a week earlier. Happened about a month ago and most likely bull sharks.

I go down there quite frequently and was there just last week and the only thing that has attack me is about 4 bottles of Sambuca and a couple of gallons of vodka. I barely escaped with my life.

#12 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

HUDDLER

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:47 AM

Come play with me down there next week!

#13 LifeisaGarden

LifeisaGarden

Bitchassness

HUDDLER

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

Mpf!!! Lmao

#14 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

• Location704
HUDDLER

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:56 AM

There have been 5 shark "attacks" off MB this year. 4 in one day and 1 about a week earlier. Happened about a month ago and most likely bull sharks.

I go down there quite frequently and was there just last week and the only thing that has attack me is about 4 bottles of Sambuca and a couple of gallons of vodka. I barely escaped with my life.

I'm going to Oak Island with the fam for 9 days in the beginning of August. I think Oak Island is like an hour N of Myrtle. Nestled between Holden Beach and Cherry Grove.

Anyway, I like to swim in the ocean and I will go out far as long as I'm with someone. I like the rush, not gonna lie.

However, once I go out, and I don't care how deep it is, once something rubs up against my leg I am GTFO and not getting back in.

I also heard that when you see small schools of fish jumping out of the water around where the waves break, that is a sign that there is a shark around.

#15 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

HUDDLER

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:58 AM

Mpf!!! Lmao

LOL that totally sounds dirty, doesn't it?? oopsie

#16 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

HUDDLER

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:00 AM

Come play with me down there next week!

We have a friend that lives down there and is getting married this coming weekend and thought about it but Hell, I still haven't recovered from last week. Another week or weekend would kill me. What part of MB are you staying at?

#17 MCCNASTY

MCCNASTY

Smackalicious

• LocationClose, Very Close
SUPPORTER

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

Sambuca is of the DEVIL!!! A evil concoction created from the fiery pits of hell!!! I used to enjoy it. Then one night i enjoyed way to much. The result was a devestating hangover unlike anything I had ever experienced. The memories still haunt me worse than the orange cisco and crazy horse malt liquor episode of 1989. Got a little off shark topic. My bad.

#18 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

HUDDLER

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

I'm going to Oak Island with the fam for 9 days in the beginning of August. I think Oak Island is like an hour N of Myrtle. Nestled between Holden Beach and Cherry Grove.

Anyway, I like to swim in the ocean and I will go out far as long as I'm with someone. I like the rush, not gonna lie.

However, once I go out, and I don't care how deep it is, once something rubs up against my leg I am GTFO and not getting back in.

I also heard that when you see small schools of fish jumping out of the water around where the waves break, that is a sign that there is a shark around.

They say that the majority of people that have spent anytime in the ocean have been within 20 feet of a shark and never knew it. I surfed a lot growing up in NJ and saw just one. One time I had something bump my board as I was laying on it and it scared the bejeezus out of me. Don't know what it was, and don't want to know but it was either a shark or a dolphin. Never got back in the water that day.

#19 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

Administrators

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:20 AM

Stepped on a small bullshark as a kid in the channel to the ICW at the northern end of Cherry Grove as a kid. People who think Jesus was the only one to walk on water obviously never saw me that day.

#20 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

SUPPORTER

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

Well this is lovely... I've been at the coast since early june and the only thing that I've been paranoid about is rip-currents.

I have noticed fish jumping in the surf and just thought it was normal. But now that I think about it, when I see small fish jumping at the lake, that's a good place to cast for a big bass. So if these fish jumping out the ocean are almost as big as a nice bass themselves, how big is what's scaring them?!

Oh boy.

• CCS PIE'd this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users