Photo
- - - - -

DREAM TEAM vs 2012 USA MENS TEAM

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

Poll: DREAM TEAM vs. 2012 OLYMPIC TEAM (27 member(s) have cast votes)

Which team would win a game with both rosters at full strength and players playing at the level they were playing at when the teams competed?

1. Dream Team (25 votes [92.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 92.59%

2. 2012 USA Men's basketball (2 votes [7.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#25 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:25 AM

Carmelo is not better than Pippen or Mullin either. Pippen played defense and similarly to Lebron could defend all 5 positions.

#26 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

92 would hammer 2012 down low, and the physicality alone would throw many of today's stars off their games IMO.

Oh yeah, 2012 Kobe ain't coming close to guarding 92 Jordan.  Not in his damn dreams. LBJ would have to guard him to control Jordan at all.  Then throw in the fact that LBJ played the 4 and even the 5 a lot for the 2012 team, and matchup problems come everywhere then. 2012 would have to rely on Kobe/Durant and Co. bombing 3's on the 92 team.  It may be closer than some originally thought, but still not that close IMO.

#27 ZB1224

ZB1224

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

92 would hammer 2012 down low, and the physicality alone would throw many of today's stars off their games IMO.

Oh yeah, 2012 Kobe ain't coming close to guarding 92 Jordan.  Not in his damn dreams. LBJ would have to guard him to control Jordan at all.  Then throw in the fact that LBJ played the 4 and even the 5 a lot for the 2012 team, and matchup problems come everywhere then. 2012 would have to rely on Kobe/Durant and Co. bombing 3's on the 92 team.  It may be closer than some originally thought, but still not that close IMO.

Honestly Jordan alone would command a double team and that would leave some great shooters open, or even a big. People act like LeBron is this great defender that can actually defend all 5 positions well, but it just simply isn't true. I know that he looks the part of a very good defender, but his chase down blocks and big size just has everyone fooled. MySynergy records all defensive plays that a player is involved in and has LeBron ranked in the 100's, with his isolation defense being below average. Not to say that LeBron is a trashy defensive player, because he's not, but if you throw him on prime Jordan then LOL I would feel pretty bad for him. 

#28 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

HUDDLER

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

Honestly Jordan alone would command a double team and that would leave some great shooters open, or even a big. People act like LeBron is this great defender that can actually defend all 5 positions well, but it just simply isn't true. I know that he looks the part of a very good defender, but his chase down blocks and big size just has everyone fooled. MySynergy records all defensive plays that a player is involved in and has LeBron ranked in the 100's, with his isolation defense being below average. Not to say that LeBron is a trashy defensive player, because he's not, but if you throw him on prime Jordan then LOL I would feel pretty bad for him. 

Jordan would blow by Lebron on a drive every time with his first step.

#29 Goondal

Goondal

The Goon

HUDDLER

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

If I remember correctly the '12 team had problems stopping Linas Kleiza.  Pretty sure the '92 guys have him beat.

#30 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:48 AM

I just don't see any way the 2012 team wins this one.  It seems like match up nightmares for them whichever way you look when you've got bigs like Robinson, Barkley, Malone, and Ewing banging down low, along with Pippen pretty much neutralizing whoever you throw him on.  That alone just gives them such a huge advantage, and then you go ahead and throw in Jordan, the greatest player and scorer of all time, who is right smack dab in the middle of his prime.  And just who is going to guard him exactly?  Lol.  Yeah, Dream Team all the way.

And that's not even counting that you've got Magic running that offense (though he's a bit of a liability on defense) who is arguably the greatest floor general of all time.  His back-up?  Stockton.  Probably the best pure-passer of all time.

#31 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

Stop Making Threads...

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

Just accidentally voted for the 2012 team, fug my life..