Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jonathan Stewart article on PFT.

116 posts in this topic

Posted

he'll be around for a lot longer and it won't be the big deal so many think it will be. contract will still be huge, but it won't stop this team's progression.

mountain will still be made out of that molehill, though.

#28 aint going anywhere, the current FO has always placed high value on RB's.

Posted

Don't need an expensive backfield. Game has changed. Use the money elsewhere. Without Stewart we can still be the best ground attack in the NFL. We suck at many many spots.

About building the best team....not bragging that we have better RBs than others clapping from the bench. Best way to help Cam is to build him a stud D.

Posted

Ok, so where in the article does it say Stew wants more than DWill?

Posted

After this season, none of the three years and $18 million remaining on Williams' is guaranteed. With Williams turning 30 next April, the Panthers could release the older back and go with Stewart, who doesn't turn 26 until next March.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a80968/article/jonathan-stewart-intends-to-stay-a-carolina-panther

Maaaaaaaaaybe Hurney knew what he was doing afterall?

I think he does...Dwill will get possibly a restructued offer but if not..Tolbert and Stew are in place...it all works out.

The Hurney hate Is funny as he is supposed to be all knowing and has some of the better drafts the last five years in the NFL...minus the obvious blahs of Armanti and Brown.. The two seasons prior to the lockout was out of his control IMO since Big Cat was trying to lead the owners against the NFLPA by example.

He is not the best GM but he is top 12 easily...

Posted

people tend to be so frantic around here, so much they make up things that don't exist.

Posted

This is why you trade him now.

1st weeks a "contendor" loses their star running back...make them spend some money. Dez Bryant for Jstew?

*lights fire and runs*

Posted

I think he does...Dwill will get possibly a restructued offer but if not..Tolbert and Stew are in place...it all works out.

The Hurney hate Is funny as he is supposed to be all knowing and has some of the better drafts the last five years in the NFL...minus the obvious blahs of Armanti and Brown.. The two seasons prior to the lockout was out of his control IMO since Big Cat was trying to lead the owners against the NFLPA by example.

He is not the best GM but he is top 12 easily...

I wouldn't argue that. He knew when #28's contract expired and he apparently front loaded Williams, so when the time came, he could make an executive decision if it came to that.

Posted

I think it implied common sense. Two years later a comparable deal = a slightly bigger one. Plus he was fits better and will be used more vs Williams under his deal.

Nothing suggest he would be wanting less ( Jim refusing contract talks also supports that)

1 person likes this

Posted

I honestly think a deal will get done sooner or later. Stewart already said he wants to stay a panthers hands down. Hurney will get something done in the long run that will make Stewart happy and the rest of the team happy. Hurney might not be perfect and at times I wish the panthers would get rid of him. But at this point I still have some faith in Hurney. He will get a deal done one way or another. For now I'm just looking forward to the season. Not worrying about this right now. Fans should worry about it when the time comes. But for now it is time for this team to win some games this season and get to the playoffs and hopefully win the NFC South.

Posted

Tolbert took a $1 mil/yr pay cut to play for us, thinking others wouldn't is a bit silly. Sure it may not be Jstu, but other players will.

-Our own players are constantly willing to restructure in favor of the team

-We always take care of our players financially

-Charlotte is a great place to raise a family with nice weather and is relatively safe compared to other metropolitan cities

-We have the most dynamic superstar in the league with an unmatched amount of charisma, players and coaches drool over Cam and would love to be a part of his takeover.

Look we already have a solid chunk of capspace, well over enough to pay stewart. He's the only core player that isn't locked up currently, so he's the ONLY priority. Williams will be hitting that cut or restructure wall in a year or two, and I'll bet anything he restructures.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'd rather us cut D-Will to keep Stew. D-Will will turn 30 next season, that ripe age when a RB starts to break down.

Posted

I'd rather us cut D-Will to keep Stew. D-Will will turn 30 next season, that ripe age when a RB starts to break down.

him sharing the load with stewart and even foster early on will push back that "ripe age when a RB starts to break down" for him. it's the mileage that causes it, not the date on the birth certificate.