115 replies to this topic

#31 Neylus

Neylus

Limited Edition

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:15 PM

Ok, so where in the article does it say Stew wants more than DWill?

It doesn't.... lame.

#32 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,602 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

Stew wants more money than DWIll's contract.

http://profootballta...main-a-panther/

wait wait wait....did it actually say that? or is this a "read between the lines" kind of thing because i'm just not seeing that.

#33 MasterAwesome

MasterAwesome

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

It didn't say it or even imply it whatsoever...people are coming to that conclusion on their own.

#34 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,406 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

wait wait wait....did it actually say that? or is this a "read between the lines" kind of thing because i'm just not seeing that.

so many fallacies on the huddle, i don't know where to begin.

#35 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,587 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

i love how the thread creator twists into Stew wanting more money, and how impossible it will be to sign him to an extension.
Then cites "implied common sense"

There was no common sense used in the original post.
I know this subject hasn't been discussed yet this month, so here it is. Another rehash even though NOTHING has changed.

He still wants to be a Panther.
There is on going talks, with no immediate rush to get it done.

twist that however you want, cause ya did, and there was no common sense used to do so.

#36 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,816 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

we want stew. we have the cap space for stew. stew wants us.

i fail to see a reason for anything but optimism here

#37 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,602 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:35 PM

reads....

“We’re good. There’s no reason I would want to leave as of now,” Stewart said to Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer. “That being said, I’m a Panther and I intend on being one.”

obvious conclusion is that he wants more money than williams.

?????

#38 Dingo_ate_Babies

Dingo_ate_Babies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

him sharing the load with stewart and even foster early on will push back that "ripe age when a RB starts to break down" for him. it's the mileage that causes it, not the date on the birth certificate.

While you are correct. History has shown that players start to slow down once they hit 30 (excluding Qbs). With that said, who wouldnt want to have a 26 year old RB with fresher legs (stew's age next season) over a 30 year old RB with not as fresh legs (D-will next year)?

#39 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,303 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

I know Stewart has ties to the West Coast but he also spent a lot of time in NYC this offseason.

I saw JStew hangin with Otah at the bar like a month ago. The girl he was hitting on turned him down and he threw an epic hissy fit in the bar. It was glorious.

#40 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,602 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

While you are correct. History has shown that players start to slow down once they hit 30 (excluding Qbs). With that said, who wouldnt want to have a 26 year old RB with fresher legs (stew's age next season) over a 30 year old RB with not as fresh legs (D-will next year)?

again, it's the mileage, not the date on the birth certificate. .

also...who wouldn't want to have both? why wouldn't anyone want that? just because people in here seem to think it's impossible to keep both guys and still have this team keep on improving, that it will in some way hold the team back doesn't make it so.

if they can keep both guys without holding the team back, why shouldn't they?

#41 Dingo_ate_Babies

Dingo_ate_Babies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:00 PM

again, it's the mileage, not the date on the birth certificate. .

also...who wouldn't want to have both? why wouldn't anyone want that? just because people in here seem to think it's impossible to keep both guys and still have this team keep on improving, that it will in some way hold the team back doesn't make it so.

if they can keep both guys without holding the team back, why shouldn't they?

Its a combination of age and mileage, but whatever. When it comes to physical ability, age has a helluva alot to do with it. Thats why its a young man's league and older players have a harder time finding work.

#42 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,640 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

Albeit I'm a little hammered, I don't see where it says or even implies that Stewart wants more money than Williams.

However, I did infer from the article that Stew does want to stay a Panthers.

Sign the man, J.R!!!

#43 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

Ok, so where in the article does it say Stew wants more than DWill?

Stewart has a decent argument that he deserves a bigger deal based on 2011 and the expected trajectory for the future.

it was a line in the last paragraph, you think a highly productive back will not jump on a similar offer or better than DWill got with a different team? Especially if he doesn't get what he wants...

“We’re good. There’s no reason I would want to leave as of now,” Stewart said to Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer. “That being said, I’m a Panther and I intend on being one.”

So Stew just says "no reason I would want to leave as of now", I just stating my own opinion from what I read. And that line to me says Stew is ready to leave and if he gets lowballed by our front office.

#44 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:15 PM

Its a combination of age and mileage, but whatever. When it comes to physical ability, age has a helluva alot to do with it. Thats why its a young man's league and older players have a harder time finding work.

Tell that Steve Smith. The man is still going strong at the age of 32 and he can still beat out most CBs right now in the league. Age has some to do with it. But it also has to do with how much Dwill has carried in his career as a NFL Player. With Splitting time with Foster and now Stewart over his career. Plus Dwill never had a season ending injury with his knee or any other bones in his body. He still has years left in him if he keeps sharing carries with Stewart and now Tolbert and Cam. Dwill can last for another 4 years at a high rate. Unless he gets hurt all of a sudden. But other then that. Age is not a factor with Dwill right now. Bout the playing time and hits he has taken since coming into the NFL. Minus his college career.

#45 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

i love how the thread creator twists into Stew wanting more money, and how impossible it will be to sign him to an extension.
Then cites "implied common sense"

There was no common sense used in the original post.
I know this subject hasn't been discussed yet this month, so here it is. Another rehash even though NOTHING has changed.

He still wants to be a Panther.
There is on going talks, with no immediate rush to get it done.

twist that however you want, cause ya did, and there was no common sense used to do so.

And Drew Brees still want to be a Saint right? If the money is right, right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com