#46 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,538 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

So you are assuming that's what the article was trying to get across?

You know what that they say about assuming things...

#47 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

it was a line in the last paragraph, you think a highly productive back will not jump on a similar offer or better than DWill got with a different team? Especially if he doesn't get what he wants...

So Stew just says "no reason I would want to leave as of now", I just stating my own opinion from what I read. And that line to me says Stew is ready to leave and if he gets lowballed by our front office.

Which I'm sure that will never happen. Since the panthers FO has never try to low ball one of their star players before. Unless I'm missing something right now. I'm sure at the end of the day Stewart and the FO will work things out. If not then Stewart walks and there is nothing the panthers can do accept franchise tag him. Which could happen. But again I'm sure at the end of the day things will work out for the good of the team.

#48 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,942 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

After this season, none of the three years and $18 million remaining on Williams' is guaranteed. With Williams turning 30 next April, the Panthers could release the older back and go with Stewart, who doesn't turn 26 until next March.

http://www.nfl.com/n...arolina-panther

Maaaaaaaaaybe Hurney knew what he was doing afterall?

Damn. What a "secret". Think of how much time, server space, and "worriation" could have been avoided if this had been emphasized, or at least publicized, earlier. So many threads...But, you know, this is great news.

#49 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:26 PM

So you are assuming that's what the article was trying to get across?

You know what that they say about assuming things...

I rather assume things about my own opinions that are panther related then read through post about,

Tom Brady gets arrested for giving out candy, Is this Robert Kraft, Sean Payton's dance moves and any other thread that caused extreme brain damage.

#50 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,538 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:28 PM

Yeah, I didn't open those threads lol

#51 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,950 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

I could see them wanting to trade D Will after this year.. .He will prove not to be worth that contract and Stewart will get less carries but look more effective.

#52 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,616 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

The $8million we are carrying over in Cap Space is so we can resign him and cut DWill and still be ok

#53 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,257 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

The huddle and misinterpretation, never seen that before.

Bottom line, the only way he will not be a panther next year is if we don't want him to be.

#54 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

I think some of you are going to throw a massive bitch fit, when you realize, Hurney knew what he was doing all along. Stew gets extended, D-Lo is still on the team and we still have enough $ for mid tier FAs (never get top tier). We pay our guys- FACT!

#55 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,135 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:43 PM

I could see them wanting to trade D Will after this year.. .He will prove not to be worth that contract and Stewart will get less carries but look more effective.

why would anyone trade for Williams if he proves to not be worth that contract. $18mil over 3 seasons none of it guaranteed isn't horrible, but he likely won't play out that contract here in its entirety.

#56 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,528 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

Fans fantasy that ya can trade away every useful player, getting something in return OTHER THAN WHAT WE ALREADY PAID THEM FOR

It's nothing but fantasies, and then they bitch out Hurney when it doesn't happen.

#57 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

The $8million we are carrying over in Cap Space is so we can resign him and cut DWill and still be ok

Don't see that happening. But if it does then I'm ok with that. While I live Dwill and all. Stewart is younger and more valuable at this point. So long as he stay healthy. That is the only risk we are taking when and if we give him a long term contract and Dwill gets traded or release next year.

#58 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,745 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

it was a line in the last paragraph, you think a highly productive back will not jump on a similar offer or better than DWill got with a different team? Especially if he doesn't get what he wants...

So Stew just says "no reason I would want to leave as of now", I just stating my own opinion from what I read. And that line to me says Stew is ready to leave and if he gets lowballed by our front office.

"no reason I would want to leave as of now" = "i want more money than williams"?????

you stated it as if he actually said it, which he didn't. you spun the comment into something it didn't say (except in your mind) and made some drama where there was none (at least not yet.

how about we cross that bridge when we come to it?

just because the Saints* nice guy QB turned into a self-centered putz doesn't mean that our nice guy RB will.

until stewart comes out and actually...with real words, not stuff between the lines...that he's going to demand more money than williams, he hasn't said it.

#59 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,294 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

Not to mention that in 2014 season. The TV deal for all the teams will kick in and give teams alot more money to work with. Panthers need to go ahead work out something with Stewart for 5 years. Redo Dwill contract and back load it. Then when the TV deal kicks in. Everyone will be Super happy. Plain and simple.

DWill has no reason to rework his deal.... He is one yr into a deal he spent his career working for.

You want an aging RB to backload his deal? Sounds good unless you are DeAngelo.

#60 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,292 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

After this season, none of the three years and $18 million remaining on Williams' is guaranteed. With Williams turning 30 next April, the Panthers could release the older back and go with Stewart, who doesn't turn 26 until next March.

http://www.nfl.com/n...arolina-panther

Maaaaaaaaaybe Hurney knew what he was doing afterall?

I think releasing DWill is a little excessive. Restructure would be more the norm.

We need to sticky this so people can get off the DWill is too expensive train.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.