Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Delhommey

Conservative Spanish MP Makes Her View of the Poor Known

Andrea Fabra, a deputy of the ruling party PP in the Spanish parliament, became the center of political storm in the recession-hit country on Friday after video showed her insulting unemployed citizens saying "fug them all" just seconds after Spanish PM announced austerity measures.

The video shows the Spanish deputy, daughter of Castellon's regional council president Carlos Fabra, clapping and yelling "fug them all" as Mariano Rajoy announced cuts in unemployment benefits as part of new austerity measures designed to slash 65 billion euros from the public deficit by 2014.

http://www.eitb.com/en/news/politics/detail/923753/ana-fabra-fug-them-all--ana-fabra-yells-unemployed-fug-them/

Where is it in the video on the link? I saw a lady nodding her head crazy but I didn't hear any yelling. If she did yell it, she should learn how to use her voice like the You Lie guy.

In Spanish, "fug them" and "fug all of you" are the same words. I couldn't tell who yelled or what was yelled in the video.

Fabra has admitted having pronounced those words but claims she was referring to the PSOE members of parliament, who were interrupting Rajoy's speech with jeers and boos

Like I said, it's the same words whether you're saying "fug all of you" or "fug all of them".

Eh, not really so much in Spain, where using the informal "tu" and "vosotros" is much more common. You use "usted(es)" only in the most high register of situations. To use it in telling someone to "fug themselves" would sound almost comical. (Notice even when the King asked Chavez why didn't he shut up, Juan Carlos used the informal "tu" form).

The only thing Fabra is disputing is whether the "they" in question is the PSOE or those on unemployment.

LOL...what an idiot.

And for the record...I've probably done more for the poor than any of you doofii, but I have a feeling some of you have a credit card looking thing with an American flag on it.

This is really how all conservatives think deep down, IMO; maybe not this exact language, but the same sentiment. The 'good' ones just manage to keep it inside because they know they can't say it and not suffer politically.

I keep thinking about what the right-wing dream America would look like. I think I've got a pretty good idea...

If they had their way, Congress would be replaced with a board of directors and the President with a CEO. Citizens wouldn't have to pay taxes - well, rich ones wouldn't - but would be required to pay "fees" for military protection, police, and to pay the board members. Workers who tried to unionize would have private 'security' sent to 'persuade' them to re-consider. Any non-whites would be randomly stopped and made to show I.D. to prove citizenship. Schools would teach fundamentalist Christian beliefs and mandate prayer regardless of what religion the students are - if the freedom of religion is even retained at all.

To rid the streets of poor people, the corporate government would set up "work camps" for anyone who is unemployed in order to 'give them something to do.' Any and all charities would be closely monitored for 'anti-American' activity if they go too far in helping the poor. Voting, of course, would require four forms of government-issued photo I.D., pay stubs to ensure you meet the minimum income requirements, and a $100 fee every election year. All child labor laws would be abolished and a maximum wage law would be passed - after the minimum wage is abolished - to ensure women, children, and gays aren't paid equally to white heterosexual men.

Ahhh... gotta love right-wingers.

Eh, not really so much in Spain, where using the informal "tu" and "vosotros" is much more common.

I've only heard vosotros used by Central Americans. Most parts of Spain I've been to, people spoke Catalan and very little Spanish. I don't know where this lady is from, but I haven't heard vosotros used in Spain. But the northern coast and the Canary Islands are the only places I've been where they spoke Spanish. Maybe in some other areas what you said may be true v

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Yukon