25 replies to this topic

#1 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,462 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:30 PM

Calvin Johnson gets 132 fuging million dollars, Drew Brees gets 60 million guaranteed WITH 40 million of it in ONE year. The highest first year guaranteed money in the history of sports.

#2 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

let them spend all their money. I don't care.

#3 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,462 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:40 PM

Soon QB's are gonna be getting 200 million dollar contracts.

#4 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:42 PM

If they want to pay that for Drew, let them. Our QB is younger, taller, stronger, faster and he doesn't have a small child hanging off the left side of his face! Good for them they can now proceed to the basement of the NFCS.

#5 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,677 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:45 PM

500 million dollar contract!

#6 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,462 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

If they want to pay that for Drew, let them. Our QB is younger, taller, stronger, faster and he doesn't have a small child hanging off the left side of his face! Good for them they can now proceed to the basement of the NFCS.

We're gonna have to pay Cam the big bucks too.

#7 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:08 PM

We're gonna have to pay Cam the big bucks too.

Not for at least another 2 more years. CBA is a bawla! And by then a number of large contracts should be off the books and we can write Cam a golden check if we want. Anyway what i was trying to get at without actually saying it, is that our QB will be better than Brees at that point.

#8 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,956 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

Hopefully he doesn't demand too much money.

This town freaked over $125 autographs....how are they going to react to a $150M contract

#9 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,677 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:36 PM

Hopefully he doesn't demand too much money.

This town freaked over $125 autographs....how are they going to react to a $150M contract

Just 150? Haha we could only wish.

#10 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,956 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

Lemme finish...

Over 2 years

#11 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,924 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:52 PM

Blame agents and blame the teams that go along with it. It's insane. I mean, I have money, but not THAT kind of money and I'm happy as can be. Athletes should have no business getting that much. Hell, no one should. There are other jobs out there in the world that deserve high pay (teachers, ER surgeons). But agents (with their cut in mind) have worked over society and it'll only get worse every decade here on out. My great great grandkids might see a billion dollar athlete.

#12 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,272 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

Blame agents and blame the teams that go along with it. It's insane. I mean, I have money, but not THAT kind of money and I'm happy as can be. Athletes should have no business getting that much. Hell, no one should. There are other jobs out there in the world that deserve high pay (teachers, ER surgeons). But agents (with their cut in mind) have worked over society and it'll only get worse every decade here on out. My great great grandkids might see a billion dollar athlete.

Okay, so which team wants to be the ones to step up and break the cycle and watch their superstar go where the max money is.

#13 breezing2anotherSB

breezing2anotherSB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

Yep and Brees is more intelligent, more accurate, doesnt have a fake smile and is a proven winner in the NFL

#14 panthers34

panthers34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

its crazy people work hard and save peoples lives everyday and get paid very little and athletes get paid millions

#15 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

Yep and Brees is more intelligent, more accurate, doesnt have a fake smile and is a proven winner in the NFL

How exactly do you know the intelligence of either men? Your arguments are tired, unwarranted and generally dismissed. Run along and play with your helmet and crayons like a good Saints* fan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com